Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karenyang

Favorite online sources that are still in business?

karenyang
14 years ago

Last year, there was a great thread here re: favorite places to order kitchen stuff online (like below).

Given all the companies that have gone out of business in the past 4 months and/or are now on the brink, I'd like to revisit that list with any very recent experiences.

Specifically, I'm looking for an online source for Grohe and Danze fixtures (bath and kitchen). We'll likely purchase all our sinks, tubs and toilets locally.

Who do you like? Who's still around?

THANKS!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Last year's favorite places thread

Comments (22)

• cabinetconsultant
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I know of an online business you can get all types of kitchen/home appliances, fixtures, flooring.
    The Total Kitchen Store.
    I hope that helps.
    Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Cabinets Direct

• megradek
    14 years ago

I've used ebates.com to order several items to get an additional percentage off my online purchases (got my lanturn lights this way).

I've got a $100 check coming to me next month for all the purchases I've made!!

Here is a link that might be useful: ebates

• mom2reese
    14 years ago

I'm a big fan of faucetdirect.com and lightingdirect.com (same parent company). I've spent close to $8K between the two sites. Their prices are good to begin with, but if you become an "everyday member" for $50/year, you can get better discounts. Their prices were better for 75% of the items I wanted than other online stores, and for the items where they didn't have the best price, they price matched for me. If you just need to order one thing, I believe they'll give you a 30-day membership for free.

The reason I REALLY like them is that they have excellent customer service. I dealt with them via online chat and telephone, and they were fantastic to deal with.

• buddyrose
    14 years ago

QualityBath.com. I got my blanco sink, faucet, soap dispenser, strainer etc. from them and saved close to $200 from a retail kitchen store. very fast delivery, too. good customer service when I had questions.

• Buehl
    14 years ago

Another plug for FaucetDirect!

Note: The parent company of FaucetDirect, LightingDirect, etc. is ImprovementDirect. ImprovementDirect offers the same items at the same price on their site as their subsidiaries. What is different, though, is the return policy...at least when I ordered from them a year ago. The return policy on FaucetDirect was much better than on ImprovementDirect...so when ordering, check both the parent site as well as the individual sites.

• willowdecor
    14 years ago

I love Home and Stone for faucets

• User
    14 years ago

i second home and stone on ebay. best prices on faucets, hands down.

• marthavila
    14 years ago

I third Home and Stone for faucets,hardware,sinks and more. Their brick and mortar store is not far from my house. Either way, I have found them to be very competitively priced, with great delivery and customer service and whether online or in person.

• jeniferrlynne
    14 years ago

I just bought my farm sink through designerplumbingoutlet and had a really good experience.

• nuthead
    14 years ago

We've had great luck, as I have mentioned in past postings, with National Builder Supply. I found a 5% discount coupon for them on "Retail-Me-Not" web site.
    code:64895311 enter at check out. I have gotten some good feedback on them and they deal in both Grohe (my choice) and Danze with free freight.

• charlikin
    14 years ago

Marthavila, you live near Home and Stone? I always wanted to visit their store - the photos look very impressive on their web site! But it would have been like a two-hour shlep from my house. (Pathetic given that we live in the same city - on the same island, for that matter. ;-))

Anyway, I had great experiences with H&S (via ebay), efaucets.com, faucetdepot.com, lightingdirect.com, and csnlighting.com. Great selection, prices, and customer service with all of them.

• skellar187
    14 years ago

the best prices i have found online are from homecenter.com -- i got my blanco sink for $670 (approx 30 x 20) and my range hood for $550 (900 cfm, wall mount, chimney style). they both came to me within 5 days. good luck!

• mavia_2000
    14 years ago

I've been wondering about warranty when purchased online. Look what I just came across:

http://www.frankeksd.com/webcontent.php?header=DealerLocator&page=InternetViolators

• kerrygw
    14 years ago

I've also had good luck with Quality Bath, and also efaucets.com - I've found that prices from brand to brand can really vary even among the most competitive online stores, so I always check those and faucetdirect (my order isn't finished with them yet so I can't remark on them). I will say that without a doubt Quality Bath had the best prices on some Jado products I ordered, and they all seem to run good discounts (especially on weekends). Ebates is also a great resource for additional discounts, and I always check for coupon codes on retailmenot.com . And then there is eBay of course! Oh, and www.westsidewholesale.com for Panasonic fans - great prices and I got them right away. Fun stuff!

• mavia_2000
    14 years ago

thanks Kerrygw - will check them out.

BUT back to my lastest concern -WARRANTY. I just called Franke and they said they don't warranty any online products.

• karenyang
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone - great information!

So in the past 24 hrs, I've placed 2 small (well, $600 and $800) trial orders with Denovo plumbing on ebay (2 Danze bathroom faucets and the matching shower/tub trim pkg) and faucetdepot.com (Grohe's Bridgeford roman tub filler w/handheld spray).

Both, if "for real", are screaming deals: Denovo was over $100 below anyone else on ebay (and local retail) - $180 for each faucet, $200 for the shower/bath set.

The Bridgeford was on clearance at faucetdepot, MSRP of $1,950, local retail of $1,267, at faucetdepot for $789. **gulp** Too good to be true?

I'm a little freaked out by both orders, even though I'm a huge ebay and online shopper. Will report back once the orders arrive. If they arrive. I'm trying to temper my excitement in case things go *way* haywire....

Karen

• erikanh
    14 years ago

gerberadaisy, as long as you stick with the eBay power sellers with high feedback, you should do just fine. I purchased a sink grid, 3 Restoration Hardware pendants and my Kohler pot filler all for enormous savings from eBay merchants. Shipping was quick and everything arrived brand new in factory sealed boxes.

Ditto for faucetdepot which is very reputable.

I echo all the positive comments with regards to Home and Stone and faucetdirect.com. Soho Lighting also has great customer service.

Have fun!

Erika

• flyinghigh
    14 years ago

I too like a few of the ones mentioned above but would also throw out there one of my long-time favorites SinksGallery.com. Sinks Gallery has some very unique things that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. They also have a "sister company" Art Lighting Gallery where I have bought a few hand blown glass pendants. They do a lot of custom work and their cusotmer service folks are some of the best I have ever spoken with - more like "consultants". When I have bought a package of sinks, faucets, accessories, etc. they have always extended a decent discount.

• karenyang
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I promised to report back, here it is -

Both orders arrived exactly as promised by the sellers:

faucetdepot.com sent an email invoice and UPS tracking notice on the same day as the order, and the tub filler arrived well packaged. They do charge shipping, which I now some of their competitors do not. In this case, it was worth it.

denovo plumbing sent a notification through ebay about 36 hrs after payment saying the items were shipping out, and later sent a fedex tracking notice. The package also arrived well packed and looking brand spanking new!

I'd certainly use either of these sellers again. (saving money is so much fun.........)

• vegeburger
    14 years ago

nuthead,

I tried to use your tips with national builder supply. But no where did I find a place for me to enter the code during the check out.

Any idea why? Thanks,

• sporthill
    14 years ago

I have ordered a lot very successfully from plumbtile.com. Their prices are always the lowest that I can find on the web, at least for all the Jado faucets and Toto fixtures I ordered for 3 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 mudroom. Also, when I added another faucet today, they gave it to me at the price I paid a few months ago even though it had gone up a lot. They are businesslike but helpful on the phone, and have free shipping for everything except tubs and toilets.

• thankurnmo
    14 years ago

Bumping because this is bumpworthy.