Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please show me your farm sink faucet!

Posted by mommyatlaw (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 10:28

It's time to pick the faucet, and I'm not sure whether to go the Rohl country direction or a more transitional and clean direction. Please post if you love your faucet! Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please show me your farm sink faucet!

Here's mine. It's a Waterstone 5500 PLP in black ORB. Love how it looks and love the quality.

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

We used a Whitehaus Beluga w/ pull-down. I wanted something lower:
2012-02-20 15.49.46

o

Beautiful faucets - thanks!!

o

Pooh - just love seeing your faucet. Ours should be installed Friday - but it isn't as pretty as yours!

o

Mine was installed yesterday! My sink is a vintage find out of a local basement with a (what I call) Rohl knockoff, Kingston Brass. The quality seems good and is heads and tails above the $35 dollar big box store faucet that was in the house when we bought it.

Please excuse the mess, the sink still needs another round of cleaning before it's really ready for the big debut.

Here is a link that might be useful: sink

o
RE: Please show me your farm sink faucet! Photo added

Sorry I'm still figuring out how to add photos without using the link function. Here is the sink without going through my original link.

o

Beautiful, Maine Mare!!

o

Are you happy with your Kingston Brass faucet?

o

We just installed a Kingston Brass fixture on our master tub and I am very happy with the quality, very heavy and solid, and surprisingly affordable. It is a tub faucet with two handles and a sprayer. vintage-look like you'd see on a claw foot tub, but it is wall-mount and not deck mount.

PS - Mare-maine - love your sink!

o

Here is mine, Moen Woodmere.

Photobucket

And here it is on the farm sink with a cleverly placed shovel handle:

Photobucket

Here is the first kitchen, Delta's Brizo FLoriano:

Photobucket

o

Moen lindley.
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

o

Our Kraus was installed two weeks ago. No problems so far. A bit splashy, but that's mainly because the water pressure is strong. Having lived in a house with a trickle of pressure, I'm not complaining.

Photobucket

o

allison0704, I agree with Jenny. I do like my Kingston Brass faucet. It is solid, the handles turn with a single finger (nice when I'm balancing a baby in one arm, a cup in the other, and still need to get water into that cup) and stay where you leave them...no increasing or decreasing of water pressure. The sprayer is good quality and has great pressure.

My only slight complaint is that the various parts screw together so I've had to tighten two parts twice now. Other than that, I love it and at a 1/3rd of the price of the Rohl version I figure it was worth the risk.

o

no pictures yet because I haven't recieved it, but I went with the ROHL country series bridge faucet, I went with the cross handles, love the vintage charm of that with the lettering that says hot and cold.The price was only 608.00 but I did pay 125.00 extra to get an extended spout, from what I heard on this forum. I thought this was a great price for a ROHL much more reasonable than there Perrin and Rohl line. Hope that helps! Michelle

o

Kohler simplice in stainless

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Thanks for all of the pictures. I'm trying to select faucets for 2 farm sinks. I'm struggling with the main soapstone sink 30 x 19 x 10. House is reproduction 1700s cape, Kennebec cabinets in concord ivory, sopastone counters. Thinking bridge for traditional look but like clean lines of single hole/handle. Opinion on Waterstone Towson 4100 with articulating spout...thinking I might not require side spray with the reach of this faucet. Otherwise I am torn between various Rohl faucets and Waterstone. Also was going to go ORB or antique look but thinking I like the chrome/silver with the sopastone. Yikes...help!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: SS slant front scooped top sink

o

I saw the Lindley faucet posted by vsalz and liked it.

I went looking for it on-line. I went to faucet direct and it says the faucet is discontinued by the manufacturer. There are still some in stock but if anyone likes it they may want to grab it before they are out of stock.

o

Mine is Moen Waterhill in classic stainless.
IMG_0878

o

My kitty likes it!
Photobucket

o

Mine is from Price Pfister. The Ashfield collection.

o

Missrobin, you mentioned the Waterstone Towson. I have to say that I never cared for the looks of that faucet until I saw it in person. It is GORGEOUS!! After I saw it, I really wanted it for my 18"x" prep sink but it was just too large and I could picture my children (okay, my daughter) playing with it and getting water everywhere since the sink is in the island. If you haven't seen the Towson in person, check it out. I ended up with the Waterstone Hampton for the prep.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here