Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wall color vs. trim color when both are white

Posted by hrumor (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 10:24

We will probably paint the walls BM Decoartor's White in matte. The trim in the rest of the house has BM Pure White in a glossier finish.

What I can't figure out is what to do with the trim in that space as well as the new backdoor we installed (which is only primed) - can you help?

Should I match the trim of the rest of the house?

What about the door? Paint it pure white the same as the trim or decorator's white the same as the walls? And what finish looks best?

Any advice is appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wall color vs. trim color when both are white

I personally like matching the trim throughout the house. It gives continuity to the rooms. And I usually use semi-gloss for trim.

Of course, that's just a rule of thumb.

o

We did all the trim and interior doors in BM Bavarian Cream. We used Patriotic White for all the ceilings. Here's a photo that shows how those two whites look next to each other. Not exactly the same situation you're looking at, but close enough to get the idea.
 photo DR.jpg

I like having all the doors and trim the same color. Semi-gloss is the usual recommendation for wood trim. We've done that with both semi-gloss and flat walls and like it in both instances. The walls in this photo are flat.

o

Thanks - that's very helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here