Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (31)

• weidiii
    14 years ago

I can barely see it...it's so small, but it's intriguing ....please post more and larger!

• sochi
    14 years ago

The picture it too small to really appreciate - but it looks great. Can we see more larger photos please?

• jsweenc
    14 years ago

Did you really mean to link just one picture?!? I managed to find my way to your whole album... amazing, truly incredible... a beautiful home with a masterpiece of a kitchen. You must let everyone see the whole thing. That one tiny picture does not do it justice! And don't forget to give permission to starpooh to put in in the FKB!

• wi-sailorgirl
    14 years ago

I love your pendant lights! Would love to know more about them.

• francoise47
    14 years ago

Dear Juliea477, I also managed to navigate to all your kitchen pictures on your album. Your kitchen is gorgeous! I love your end-grain wood island top -- simply stunning! I'm sure everyone on Gardenweb would love to see more and to hear more about all your design choices.

• marthavila
    14 years ago

I also got over to your album and amso glad I did. You've got yourself one of those incredibly awesome GW kitchens that is seriously magazine-worthy! At the same time, I get that real people, with a pet(s), actually use that gorgeous kitchen! (And gorgeous house!) Somehow or other, please find a way to make access to your project easier. If you do so, I'm betting that this will be one of those kitchens the TKO crowd talks about and references for a very long time. Congratulations!

• chris45ny
    14 years ago

I also got to your album. Not only is your kitchen awesome but the entire house is amazing. The sense of light, space-breathtaking. I'm assuming this is a new build??

For anyone who wants to see-go to

http://jcs.smugmug.com/Events

then click on the top upper left event June 09-March 10

• aokat15
    14 years ago

Julia - love your kitchen!! Love all the light! Would you mind sharing what refrigerator you have and what size it is? Thanks!!

• aokat15
    14 years ago

Also, what kind of countertops do you have? Thanks again!

• morgne
    14 years ago

This link might be better:

It links into the album at around the finished kitchen point and you can first click on the small pictures to get a larger picture and then you can click on the larger picture to get a yet larger picture.

That island top is amazing!

Here is a link that might be useful: Try this one...

• sochi
    14 years ago

Ah, definitely worth the effort to see all the pictures. Gorgeous home, lovely kitchen. What a job! My favourite pieces include the pendant lights, the sink and the vent. Really wonderful kitchen!

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

Morgne, thank you so much for the link to the photo album. Julia477, your home is beautiful. I love the white kitchen cabinets with the stylish doors and beautiful hardware. I love the countertop on the island. I love the backsplash in addition to all the light that you have in the kitchen. Your kitchen is stunning and is definitely magazine worthy! Please give us all the details of the cabinets used, the color of the white paint, the hardware used, the counter top materials used(is the regular kitchen countertops soapstone and the countertop on the island Mahogany?), the lighting used and wattage of the bulbs and type of bulbs, etc.

Thank you so much for sharing.

• michellemarie
    14 years ago

I love it all! Thank you so much for sharing! I hope you can find time to post the detail!
    I have the same flower copper sink(mine is still in the box) and is your faucet by Graff? It looks like the one I have(also still in the box)?

• shelayne
    14 years ago

Julia, your home is really, really beautiful! Your kitchen is magnificent! I almost bought the same copper apron sink, but got its match in prep sink instead. It looks fabulous in your kitchen! Love love your space!

Congratulations and enjoy your beautiful new home!

• berryfarm
    14 years ago

Love your kitchen! It is black and white, but not really "black and white" if that makes sense. I love your cabinet door style and floors, especially. Which brand are the cabinets and what stain is the stain on your floor? Thanks.

• malhgold
    14 years ago

Beautiful!! Your kitchen and the whole house have some amazing details. Love all the windows! Congratulations and enjoy!!

• lisa_a
    14 years ago

Stunning! I love the classic details combined with the slightly rustic touches of the aged copper sink, hood and ceiling beams. Details, please!

Is that a light tube I spot in one of the hallway shots? Which one did you use? Are you happy with it? TIA!

• ajrestivo
    14 years ago

Wow! We MUST have more details. What is the edging on your island? I LOVE LOVE it. I am in the middle of picking out everything for my off-white and black kitchen so this was soooo inspiring!! My island is black rubbed and I would love to know all the details about your kitchen if you have time to post! Its truly beautiful. Please post if you have time!

Congrats!

• rookie_2010
    14 years ago

Oh my!!!!! That whole house is breathtaking!!! The kitchen is absolutely amazing! Totally magazine worthy! The island top has me over here drooling!

• renayy
    14 years ago

What a stunning kitchen!! Thank you for sharing.. Could you please tell me where you got your black and tan rug for the kitchen? I've been looking everywhere for something like that.

• pinch_me
    14 years ago

Yea for Magic! but did he give up after the first week? He must still stop in to grab a bite, I see his dishes are in their place.
    The addition is beautiful, no doubt about it. I spent most of my time at the black and white bathroom though. I can't make up my mind between black and white or shades of brown so I did save a few of your pictures. I haven't found THE inspriation picture yet; yours are as close as I've gotten to what I think I want.

• rjr220
    14 years ago

Julia -- more info please! I would love to know about your backsplash -- is that harlequin marble? Carrara? Beautiful!

• Gena Hooper
    14 years ago

Absolutely stunning kitchen! Love the beams and the touches of warmth (copper, wood counters). Also love the way classic materials are used in slightly unexpected ways like the harlequin marble tiles. Really, really wonderful.

• jolynna
    14 years ago

The master bath and kitchen are to die for. They are about the most beautiful I have ever seen. Your whole house is beautiful!

I also want to know where you got the black and tan rug in the kitchen.

• autumngal
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is amazing- if I wasn't so far finished, I'd put it in my inspiration file. I love so much about it, and also love the other photos of your home! What an amazing place to call home!

I had never thought of an edge like that on butcherblock and really wish I had seen your photos before mine was installed- amazing, like the rest of you kitchen.

Great job, enjoy- thank you so much for posting, it's really amazing!

• gobruno
    14 years ago

Your house is beautiful! Love the kitchen. I love the updated classic feel of it. Can we see the rest of your house?

• pricklypearcactus
    14 years ago

Wow! You kitchen and your entire home are stunning! I love the mixture of copper and stainless. I imagine your kitchen is a joy to cook in considering those beautiful windows bringing in so much light. Congratulations!

• aokat15
    14 years ago

Just wanted to bump this up... hoping Julia477 will see and post some info :)

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

Can I move in? :-) What a gorgeous home - every detail is just perfect. Yes, the kitchen is beautiful but that master bedroom - stunning!

You must be thrilled - congrats!

Eliz

• michellemarie
    13 years ago

Julia--your kitchen is amazing! A nice not to you-- the followers on this forum are not just looking for photos, but the details. Most of us are in the process of working on our own projects and it's nice to see how a particular item actually looks in a finished kitchen. Without the details we could all just as easily do an image search on Google. I hope you will come around and share the details.
    We all just love your kitchen.

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

Thanks for the link. It is a very nice kitchen, although not my personal style. I really liked the copper hood and accents. I particularly liked the black and white bathroom!

Anyway, to me the owner of the kitch seems like an inexperienced poster to me. Maybe the person doesn't even know how to sign up fort follow-up comments. :(