Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any Granite Sourced from New Hampshire?

Posted by mommaklee (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 10:12

We are in the early planning stages for updating our kitchen and while granite is probably not going to be in our budget this year, we might be able to re-do the countertops in the future.

However, this morning, I was curious if those who are familiar with granite know if any granite for counter tops was sourced from New Hampshire.

My husband worked on Mount Washington for a couple of years as an intern while he was in college and he fell in love with that area and the rocks there and everything. For real, I can be looking at a random picture of the Presidentials and within seconds, he knows where the picture was taken from and what angle. I thought he might like having some New Hampshire Granite in the kitchen, kind of a way to keep New Hampshire close...

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any Granite Sourced from New Hampshire?

Try Swenson Granite ? I think they carry only NH and Vermont stone. If you google, you'll find a number of purveyors in the Northeast.

There's still a working quarry in Concord, NH, I think. Great project!

o

Thank You!

o

If Swenson can't help you, I've also heard good things about RE Marble and Granite in Temple, as well as Ripano Stoneworks in Nashua. Have not done business with them, so this is just secondhand info, but maybe another resource for you.

o

Thanks for the additional info. Looks like Swenson's doesn't do countertops, but they had some very nice outdoor items. I think my husband might like that even better.

This post was edited by mommaklee on Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 15:59

o

I don't have anything to add other than admiration for this idea. I applied for an internship up on Mt Washington and was sad when I didn't get it. I love that badass weather.

NH granite should be very easy to come by for landscaping purposes. I recall seeing NH granite curbstones when we lived in the northeast.

And unlike most "granite," those rocks really are true granite. I mean, they wouldn't call it the Granite State if it were actually andesite now, would they? ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here