Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Motion sensor kitchen faucets

Posted by lynne412 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 10:06

I am thinking of putting in a motion sense faucet (Haysfield with motionsense from Moen) in the kitchen. Would like any thoughts or experiences with motion sense faucets for the kitchen.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Motion sensor kitchen faucets

I thought seriously about it - but decided I adjust the temp so often, probably not worth is for me - I put the "joystick" mounted in the front and just use my forearm if my hands are sticky..

When I was looking - I was ogling Chicago faucets - they seem well made and made in the US as well.

o

Get a Tapmaster. I decided against motion sense after thinking about how my cats would love it. Also, people have said they can be temperamental when washing dishes.

o

Considering all the trouble I've encountered with motion sensor faucets in public restrooms, I would be hesitant to put one in my kitchen. Also, would it go on when I was simply putting dirty dishes into the sink for later washing? I think touch sensor or Tapmaster would be better options.

o

I was thinking on this also...although we have a faucet that we plan on reusing because it's almost new.

I know that motion sensor faucets drive me batty when I try to use them in public places...as I thought about it, I can just imagine how it would be if I had to use it everyday, multiple times a day. We're looking at installing a Tapmaster (if the budget will allow for it)

o

I thought about it--especially since I just love the commercial with the woman dancing in her kitchen and using the faucet.

Then, I found out the price.......sigh....

o

It's not quite there yet....I just installed the Moen version and it works about 50% of the time. Moen has been great about trying to help but it just does not work very well...you have to wiggle your hands around to get it to go, then like I said about 1/2 the time the sensor lights up but no water. Kind of disappointing for a fairly expensive faucet. I think motion in general just has a ways to go maybe?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here