Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjocean

Do you have Grohe or Hansgrohe soap dispensers?

mjocean
11 years ago

Hi,

If you have Grohe or Hansgrohe soap dispensers please tell me how well they are working. Please also include the model and how long you have had them installed in your kitchen.

Thanks!

Comments (24)

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

We've had our Grohe soap dispenser in our kitchen for just about 6 years now. Works great, no issues. Ours is hooked up to Never-MT.

Don't recall the style #, but I think it looks like the one I linked.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe soap dispenser

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Cat mom,

Thank you! I will also be using a Never-MT.
    MJ

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

Hi mjoean,

I've had a Hansgrohe for about 14 months at my main kitchen sink. I've liked it so much that a couple of months ago I replaced my malfunctioning Delta dispenser at my veggie sink with the same model of Hansgrohe:

My only complaint is that the newer Hansgrohe has a smaller opening at the top, and I fill it with (thick) EO soap fro the top. This leaves it prone to spillovers.

I just ordered NeverMTs, though, so that should take care of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hansgrohe Dispenser

• carolml
    11 years ago

When researching the Hansgrohe soap dispenser, I read that it requires an extension piece to install in any counter over 1" thick. Can anyone enlighten me on this detail?

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi,

Thank you Madeline16 - that looks like the dispenser I want to order. Did you see the response from carolml regarding an extension that needs to be ordered if the counter is more than 1" thick? Can you please comment?

I also want to ordera Grohe dispenser and cat mom's looks like a good one.

carolml - see above, I'm happy you asked the question. Let's hope for an answer.
    MJ

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

My marble counters are 3cm (about 1 1/4" thick). I have 2 of the Hansgrohe dispensers installed, neither of which required any type of extension.

The craftsman who made my cabs and fabricated my counters installed the one at my main sink about 14 months ago. He's a stickler for detail, and if it wasn't a perfect fit (meaning if it required any rigging up), he would've let me know and made me buy add'l parts/pieces.

My handyman, also a very meticulous guy, just installed the second one about a month ago. He had no problem and didn't mention that it wasn't long/thick enough.

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Madeline616,

Thank you so much for your prompt response! I am installing a Hansgrohe faucet (Talis C prep) on my prep sink and Grohe faucet (Ladylux Plus) on my clean up sink. I wanted each faucet to have a matching manufacturer for the soap dispenser.

caroleml - I hope you also read Madeline's response.
    MJM

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

You're welcome, MJM!

I'm glad you brought my attention to the Hansgrohe Talis S prep faucet.

My prep sink has a malfunctioning Delta Touch2o faucet. I've disconnected the touch feature, so now it's just a regular faucet, but the arc is really high, and the spout to deck measurement is also high.

This means I get splashed mightily every time I wash up at the prep sink. It's driving me nuts, so I think it's time to scrap the Delta and replace with something like the Talis S prep, which has a lower arc and lower measurement from spout to deck.

Will be interested to hear how you like it, and whether it's splashy!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

They didn't have this one when we got ours, but I love the style!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sleek look Grohe dispenser

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

Yes, I love that one!!

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Cat mom,

That is pretty! All these decisions......

Madeline616 - I'm getting the prep Talis C - I like the look of the Talis S, however the spray doesn't lock which is important to me.

• carolml
    11 years ago

Thank you Madeline 616 and mjocean. I wonder if Hansgrohe have changed their specs or are we looking at different dispensers. Below is the link to Home Perfect which sells the one I've been looking at model #04249800. It distinctly says "max depth thickness 7/8"

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Perfect

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

Hi carolml,

From what I can see in my records, that's the one I bought two of...04249800. Could you buy it, and if it does't fit, but an extension piece?

I'm noticing the site has it listed as steel optik, but then elsewhere on the page as chrome.

Do you know which it is?

• carolml
    11 years ago

I need the steel optic to match my faucets. If suppose I could always order the extension piece separately though I imagine I'll gave to go straight to the dealer for that. You say yours is the same model and did not need the extender? I don't get it. Why do all these small details take so much time.

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

I'm just wondering whether you'll get the steel optik if you order from that site in your link--it looks like the 3 they have left are chrome.

Anyway, yes, in my experience, I've had two 04249800 dispensers installed with no problem, and I have 3cm counters. That's all I can say...

Yes, these details will drive a person crazy!

• friedajune
    11 years ago

I have a Grohe soap dispenser that is almost 7 years old, and looks like the day it was installed. I do not recall the model number. Whatever soap dispenser you get, make sure not to install it too far back from the sink edge or you will get soap on the counter. Mine seems at a good spot - approx. 2-1/4" from sink/counter edge to center of soap dispenser. It may depend on the length of the dispenser.

I did have an occasional clogging problem when I was using Palmolive soap. Unclogging was easy--just stick the pump in a tall glass of hot water, and pump the hot water through until it flows easily. I did away with that issue entirely when I switched to Seventh Generation Dish Washing Liquid (learned about on this Forum, thanks!). Seventh Generation is not as thick as Palmolive. Works great too, quite the grease-cutter.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

We use Palmolive in ours. DH had to "prime" the Never-MT initially, but no problems dispensing since then.

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Madeline616, akchicago & cat mom,
    Thank you for all your responses, they are very helpful. I now know which Hansgrohe soap dispenser to order and I'm still deciding which Grohe soap dispenser to order.
    Carolml - look at Qualitybath.com; I think you will get a better price.

Thanks again!

• carolml
    11 years ago

Thanks mjocean. I note that on the description they have "max depth at 2 3/8".
    Carol

• marioncohen1
    11 years ago

Can I ask what is a "Never-MT"? I am ordering a soap dispenser and feel like I am missing something I need to know?
    Thanks
    Marion13

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

Hi Marion,

I asked the same question recently. It's a contraption--a simple conversion kit-- made of long tubing that hooks up to your soap dispenser (on the inside of the cabinet) and sits under your sink in a large (like any big econo-size) bottle of soap. So, you only have to refill the soap dispenser about every 12-18 months.

That wasn't very eloquent, but I'm exhausted right now. Anyway, here's the link.

Just ordered 4 of them--they're buy 3 get 1 free :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Never MT

• janeb_md
    11 years ago

I've had 2 Grohe dispensers for about 10 years, both with Never MT's. They worked fine until fairly recently, when they both started clogging up and the soap started to ooze from underneath the pumper part onto the countertop. I've taken them off and cleaned them, but it doesn't seem to help - anyone have any ideas?

• mjocean
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Janeb,
    Are there seals on the dispensers where they meet the counters? If so, perhaps they have failed with age and need to be replaced.
    MJ

• janeb_md
    11 years ago

Actually, they're not leaking where the dispenser meets the counter - it's from underneath the part you press down on to pump, down the inside stem of the dispenser. I've tried flushing out the mechanisms, but nothing seems to work for very long. Maybe my soap is too thick (as I think someone else suggested) - I use Palmolive or Dawn.