Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jansin62_gw

Help quick: Diamond single sink with offset, where to place fauce

jansin62
10 years ago

Hi all,

I have to make a decision super quicko, so hopefully someone will have some insights.

I just got the counter installed, but now have to decide where to put the faucet - it's a Silgranit Diamond Sink with the offset drain (30"), and I have the Talis S faucet. I am leaning towards offset for the faucet as well. Only other hole will be for soap dispenser.

Insights???

TIA

Comments (5)

• sandesurf
    10 years ago

Not sure this will help, but I had a sink placement meltdown the week before install too. We centered the sink to window on our 60/40 divide.
    If you have a window, I would center the faucet to that.
    Good luck!

This post was edited by sandesurf on Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 11:08

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

You didn't specify if you have a super single or other configuration. I'm guessing by your description you probably don't have a super single, but just in case you do, here's my metallic gray Precis super single silgranit with rear offset drain and Talis S High Arc faucet.

Faucet centered. GD air switch to the right. Air gap (soon to be replaced by my soap dispenser now that I've passed my final inspection) on the right equidistant from the faucet as the air switch.

• jansin62
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You're right BreezyGirl. I didn't specify. It's a super single.

We had some drama with the sink - there was a crack. My contractor wanted to install anyhow, but I wouldn't do it. I called Blanco, and they said that a crack could grow and cause the sink to shatter - no way I'm having that happen.

So, now I have a bit of time to think about where to put faucets, while I wait for the replacement. I was thinking I would use the sink like a double, only no divider - that is for the most part I was planning on having hand-washables dry in the sink, so I was thinking to offset the faucet a bit to the right, but I don't know if that will look dorky or not.

Meanwhile, my husband arranged too many things (we need them all) around the prep/med sink. It does look dorky. We'll see if we can do anything to fix tomorrow.

I'll be so happy when it's all done!

• dibbs
    10 years ago

I am getting ready to install the large single bowl diamond sink as well. We are going to have the faucet on the side. We feel there wont be enough room in the back. We are going to have the soap dispenser put on the opposite corner.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Dibbs--make sure your faucet will reach the entire sink the way you plan to install it. I know I wouldn't like my faucet on one side instead of the middle on such a large sink like my Precis and your Diamond. I'm not sure I understand your comment about not being enough room in the back. The Diamond and Precis super singles are rectangular so the room across the back is all the same. I don't understand how that relates to offsetting your faucet.

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors