Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jim Bishop Cabinets anyone?

Posted by skeylargo (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 10:03

I was looking at some of the lists posted on this site with cabinet "ratings" based on price and quality but did not see Jim Bishop on the list. Can someone enlighten me about the quality of them? I am not looking for high end cabinets but something that will hold up for a while and the finish won't come off (that's what happened to my current cabs). I was given what seems to me like a very attractive price for them but can't seem to find much info on them.
I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum and I already found lots of invaluable information.

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jim Bishop Cabinets anyone?

I may be mistaken, but it seems that Allison has those cabinets in parts of her home. You may want to give her a shout out. She has a beautiful home.

o

Hi, I recently started to carry Jim Bishop Cabinetry. They are not a low end product. American made, in Montgomery, Alabama, they are a family based company with integrity & very close attention given to their finishes, quality control & customer service. They offer different levels of boxes as most do, a particle /economy box, as well as a white-laminated box, a ply box, & an eco-grey box. The Company also offer's an exclusive line called LogiKitchen. It is very forward thinking, with an emphasis on compartmentalization. Delegating each station of the kitchen with organizational components. Every drawer, roll-out, etc is designed for an individual need for storage/purpose. I find their stain & paint finish to be of great quality. Alot of KD store's carry the bigger names, conglomerates, some mass produced, or orient made & can be priced less. I offer a lesser orient produced line myself. But JB is my best line, it is not cheap, it's AFFORDABLE, & as your preferences go up for an i.e. ultimate (grey) box, as with any 'Brand' so will the price, as would the cabinets depending on the wood, finish, stain, glaze, etc.There's also the option of eco freindly reconstituted wood finishes, Parapan, Lumicor insets & metal frames. I've designed 4 projects with their cabinetry. No complaints so far!

o

My kitchen cabinet company offered JB as one of their higher end brands and the owner spoke very highly of them. I considered them, but went with another brand which was less and also having a sale. I don't think you will be disappointed if you select them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here