Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teachinmom_gw

Jumping into a First Time Kitchen Makeover!

teachinmom
10 years ago

Hello all! This post begins many "firsts" for me. First time posting on a forum but more importantly, first time redoing a kitchen!! My DH & I built our house 11 years ago as first time homeowners. Worried about just paying the mortgage we got the standard oak cabinets, laminate countertops and vinyl flooring. We are thinking of moving in a few years and know we need to upgrade to sell but also want to enjoy our changes. We tackled and completed the project of installing hardwood acacia floors all on our own this fall throughout our main level. Now we are on to the kitchen! We have added breadboard to the laminate sides of the island and I am painting it an off white. We are also having granite countertops installed. We plan to add crown moulding on the cabinets but I am struggling with whether to paint them or not. I know this will be a long process but I am excited about the outcome! I will be posting pics and I know I will need advice on backsplash, paint, etc... I love reading all the helpful hints on the other threads! I am posting pics of my island in progress.

Comments (2)