Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kulagal

ORB faucet and pulls - do you test finish?

kulagal
15 years ago

I would like to have ORB pulls on my shaker-style cabs, maple or rift oak, in a med brown stain and the island will be stained in ebony/black. Counter top will be Silestone (Sienna Ridge - black, brown, cream mixture). I showed 2 samples of pulls that I had gotton a couple of months ago in the states (one at Lowe's and one at a warehouse in TX)to a friend recently and she immediately asked for some steel wool and began rubbing on each of them. One of them showed the brass right through the finish (from Lowe's) and the other remained dark just like the pull. Unfortunately, the one from the warehouse does not have a name on the little bag so I don't know what kind of ORB it is called. The one from Lowe's is called Antique Bronze. Did or do any of you "test" the finish on your hardware to see how much brass would come through? I guess I'm wondering how long does it take for these finishes to rub off naturally. Is there a way to keep them dark? And also, I like the darker bronze vs. the copper, rustic tint that some have. Re faucets: has anyone seen the Grohe Bridgeford (one-handle) ORB faucet - looks really nice but can't go check out the product since I live overseas at the moment and the website does not show this model in ORB. Would love to hear your opinions, show pics if any. Thanks so much! It's great to have this site to go to since I live so far from home.

Comments (6)