Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet Bumpers

Posted by cstleddy (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 29, 10 at 9:19

What type of door and drawer bumpers are the quietest? My doors and drawers slam.

1. Foam Rubber
2. Felt
3. Polyurethane? "dots"

Is there another? Or do you have any tips for making doors and drawers close more quietly (short of changing the hinge hardware).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet Bumpers

I think the felt is the quietest but I use the dots myself. I feel like the felt gets gunky and the foam rubber is prone to... chipping? away over time. The dots clean easy and seem pretty good for noise. They also come in clear so they are less likely to be an eyesore.

o

We have a dark chocolate stain on our cabs so we used matching felt pads. Works perfect! Protects the cabs and closes super quietly.

o

I would add on soft-closers too. THey're easy to add on...just screw them on the top inside of the cabinets: http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/ProductID/B971A9700

Another GW thread on this: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0602430815784.html

o

Soft-close for doors is easy and relatively inexpensive. However, soft-close for drawers is much more work and more expensive...you have to replace the drawer glides.

There is an alternative you could try, but others here have had mixed results...get those "hip" pushers to install on the back of the cabinet where the drawer box is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here