Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet Demolition has started!

Posted by khallock (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 9:16

We've started taking down the old kitchen cabinets. I never knew so much CRAP could live in a kitchen DESK! Last night DH tore out the island and cooktop.

We have someone coming in to refinish our oak floors on April 29th and the new cabinets will be delivered on May 8th. Of course they will probably sit around for some time since there is lots of work to be done.

Before

Desk and island removed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet Demolition has started!

Yay! You and I will be very close together with our renos. Our cabs come out 4/27 with the GC starting demo 4/29, cabinets going in 5/13.

Looking forward to seeing your project progress! Hope things go as planned for you!

o
RE: Cabinet Demolition has started!

I wanted to give an update on our kitchen remodel. We took out all the cabinets by mid April. We sold them all with the countertop and the cooktop and wall oven for $1000! I was pretty psyched about that. Then we took off to Grand Cayman for a week of relaxation.

We got back this past weekend and took everything out of the first floor (except for 1 room) and taped up the doorways and the sunken living room because this week my floors are being sanded and refinished!

Here are some pictures.

Our cabinets get delivered a week from today! But before that DH needs to recess the fridge wall. He says he will only do it 3" since that is the only size fridge that will fit thru our door into the house from the garage. But I might try to make him change his mind. Our main front door is wider and we might want a deeper fridge some day.

We are also cutting the sheetrock out from the ceiling and redoing the recessed lighting, so that needs to be done before cabinets. And the plumbing for the prep sink and pot filler. And we need to decide on window size and purchase windows.

We also moved our laundry from the small mudroom off of the kitchen to the 2nd floor. So now I have a laundry room off of the master bedroom.

DH is out of town for work now so after these floors are finished there will be a week or so with nothing going on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here