Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's the height of your utility (broom) cabinet?

Posted by NYMK (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 9:05

Can you please tell the height of the bottom portion of your utility/broom closet? Just the bottom part that holds your boom and mop. I realize the entire utility cabinet (top and bottom) can go as tall as all your cabinets. From most of the photos I've seen, they look to be at least 5 feet.

I'm not sure if my cabinet company makes a tall cabinet other than a pantry. My KD has been putting an utility cabinet in the drawings but there must have been some miscommunication because it looks like the bottom part of that cabinet only goes to 50" which is the same a pantry (with rollouts).. and is not tall enough for a broom. UGH!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's the height of your utility (broom) cabinet?

My broom closet is 2' wide, 3' deep and 6' tall and perfect for everything we need in it, including brooms, mop, vacuum, stepladder and dog food bin:

photo IMG_4613_zps2de15593.jpg

o

Most cabinet lines have short utiliity cabinets. Masterbrand is the only line that I know of that has actually full sized broom usable utility cabinets.

o

The company I am using (Ultracraft) can make it if I can provide the dimensions. So if anyone has one and can give me the height of the lower cabinet, I would be very grateful.

Also, I know that Thomasville at HD has a utility organization cabinet (broom closet). And I believe Martha Stewart has one also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here