Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window Seat finally done - pics!

Posted by Rebeccamom123 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 9:02

My kitchen was done in three short weeks.But, I think it actually took me twice as long to pick the right fabric and pillows for the window seat!

After weeks of agonizing, I decided the navy contrast worked well with the grey-blue walls, and white cabinetry. And, I even found a few throws at a home decor boutique in my town that showcases a little local flavor with my zipcode on the pillow....

Now, I can finally say the whole kitchen is DONE! I can't wait for this Sunday when I can curl up on the bench with a cozy throw blanket, a good book and a big mug of coffee!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window Seat finally done - pics!

One last shot...

o

Beautiful! What a nice place to sit. Looking forward to our window seats more and more every time I see another one on here.

Enjoy your coffee!

o

Very pretty and inviting! Would love to see more photos of your kitchen. Enjoy your lovely seat and coffee in your gorgeous new kitchen!

o

Here is another shot of the kitchen (for frame of reference, the window seat is behind the peninsula on the back wall)

o

I usually lurk on Kitchens and post more on Home Decor, but wanted to say I LOVE your window seat. I'm a hug fan of navy and really like that fabric.

And, judging by your zip, we're neighbors (hello from 01867!)

o

Rebeccamom- that looks great! Love the color contrast and you will have so much fun in your nook. I love reading in ours also.
We will need some more pictures of what is inside of the drawers and cabinets as well as you whole kitchen.
Ours is also flanked by cabinets - I gave one to DH and I get the other one.
I love your open cabinets and having the counter top as part of your "caves" (I refer to ours - as his and her caves)
I love your sink bump out - I wanted to do that but somehow it got lost in the design...
Your kitchen looks so inviting! Enjoy!!

o

Oh, that's lovely!

BTW, what is the color of you wall?

o

Can you share the particulars of your kitchen? Cabinet color and granite?
Perfect window seat.

o

Wow - A huge shout out to 01867 - what a small world. ;)

A few answers to previous questions: Wall color is Benjamin Moore Solitude - a lovely, calming greyish-blue that looks crisp and clean against my dove white cabinets and trim. I too love the bump out sink - I really wanted an apron but DH was weary so this was our compromise. Here is a better pick of it...

o

Beautiful kitchen! Nice touch with the window seat!

o

Oh, it looks just perfect! So inviting and cozy! Love the fabrics and the zip code pillow is the personality of home. Great job!

o

The window seat is beautiful and a wonderful finishing touch to your kitchen!

My granite is scheduled to go in late today. I hope to have pictures this weekend!!

o

Beautiful! And we're "neighbors" too - from 01887.

o

Charming, lovely kitchen. Love the pillow fabric.

Would you mind sharing info on the light fixture over your sink?

o

Very sharp!

o

It looks charming and cozy! And very sharp as cawaps said!

o

that looks great! i love your pillows too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here