Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stayn2busy_gw

delta pilar faucet owners....

stayn2busy
14 years ago

We are building and I've had my heart set on this faucet. After reading reviews on Amazon, I'm wondering how you like or dislike this faucet. How often do you have to replace the batteries and does the water not flow manually if the batteries are dead? One reviewer said in 6 weeks she was on her third set of batteries, and if they are dead, the water will not manually turn on. That seems like a major design flaw if it's true for all the Pilar faucets. Anxious to hear from those who've have this faucet. TIA!!

Comments (20)

• stayn2busy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

~bump~

• threebees
    14 years ago

I have the delta pilar with the touch feature but I have only been using it to 2 weeks. So far, I have not had to replace the batteries or had any problems at all.

When using the faucet the blue light on the bottom comes on and stays on. The instruction booklet says that when the batteries are getting low, a red light will come on. If you do not change the batteries and continue to use the faucet at some point the red light will change to a blinking red light and the faucet will switch to manual mode, which I assume means that the water will still flow.

Like I said, I have only had the faucet for 2 weeks and I do not have any experience of the batteries running low or completely dead but I am just going by what the booklet says.

By the way, I love that faucet!

• gbsim1
    14 years ago

Another short term happy Pilar owner here! I've only had it for about 3 weeks but LOVE it. Terrific styling, substantial feel, great sprayer with easy docking and Sooooo nice to have the touch feature!

As threebees says, you do get some warning (supposedly) that the batteries are on their way out. You get a warning (flashing light), then eventually another type of warning and after warning type two it goes to manual use only. If you keep using it manually and totally deplete the batteries then it does sound like it will shut down.

From the manual:
    Low Battery Indication
    Warning Mode - Replace batteries soon.
    Rather than the BLUE LED (8), the RED LED will be
    illuminated when the water is ON. When the water is
    OFF, the RED LED will flash once every 5 seconds.

Alert Mode - Battery Failure Imminent.
    The RED LED (8) will flash once a second. The first time
    the faucet is used, the RED LED will turn ON, the
    solenoid will be opened, and the manual valve must be
    used until the batteries are replaced.

Lockdown Mode - Replace Batteries.
    Extremely Low Batteries - The RED LED is ON, and
    water will not flow until the batteries are replaced.

• Buehl
    14 years ago

If you're looking for a hands-free (and battery-free) setup, look into the Tapmaster. It's a foot pedal that makes any faucet truly hands-free. There's also no electricity (battery or otherwise) involved. Many people here have it and love it...some have two or more!

There are also versions that are cabinet door activators.

See the link below.

If you do decide to go with a Tapmaster, search (Google) for it elsewhere b/c it's expensive on the Tapmaster site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tapmaster®

• willis13
    14 years ago

Does this mean you can't run the water when there is a power failure? I never thought of that, assumed you could use the manual turner-oner. I have this faucet too, but it's still in the box :)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Well, the touch feature runs on batteries so it wouldn't care about power failures, but it's interesting that some people here seem to be saying it won't run if the batts are dead. What happens if you just take the batteries out completely?

• threebees
    14 years ago

I just went and tried it. The faucet definitely functions as a regular faucet when there are no batteries, just no touch feature.

Just for some further information, my battery pack is attached with Velcro to the back of the sink cabinet and you can remove the battery pack completely from the wire. It makes it very easy to change the batteries when needed.

• stayn2busy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the input!! Threebees, how long do your batteries last? I don't want to be feeding it batteries every couple weeks. Surely, they last longer than that.

• threebees
    14 years ago

I have only had the faucet installed for the last two weeks but they haven't run out yet.

I will try and find this thread when I do have to change the batteries and will update everyone.

• squigs
    14 years ago

I've had my Pilar in for a few months now, and no problems! One word of caution though - when you're wiping up around your sink, turn the water off manually. I can't tell you how many times I got a wet sleeve before I got into that habit!

• cocaty
    14 years ago

I've had my Pilar installed since last October and no battery replacement yet. My DH doesn't really care for it - he may not generate enough static electricity for it to function properly! I really like it and have had no problems - until this week. For some reason it has started turning on and off in short bursts. Haven't tracked the problem down yet. But - from what I understand Delta is really good to work with on warranties so I would still recommend it. Very handy.

• stayn2busy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone! Cocaty, my husband thinks it's crazy to get this faucet, but he's not the one doing the cooking. As long as it works well, and I don't have to feed it batteries, I think it will be great. Does anyone have a prep sink as well... if so, which faucet did you use?

• canyonhome
    14 years ago

We just did another round of faucet (and sink) shopping today. We plan to use the Pilar at the prepping area, and one of those coiled long goose-neck industrial looking faucet at the cleaning area.

• sara_m
    14 years ago

My Pilar is here waiting to be installed. The FAQ in the instructions says the batteries should last 1 year. But there's quite a few: 4 Cs. We will be putting in recheargeable C batteries (I already have a charger for all types of batteries). With recheargeble I will probably have to re-charge them more than once a year but to me that's fine since I won't have to throw out 4 batteries every year (or purchase new ones!).

• kcboom
    14 years ago

I have had my Delta Pilar since last June so almost a year.

I have not replaced any batteries.

It works off of touch and a regular handle.

The only time I have a problem with it is when I am using someone else's kitchen sink and when I touch their faucet it doesn't turn on.

• char23
    11 years ago

I replaced my batteries last evening after a year. My faucet did not work at all. Then when replaced, it worked and the blue light came on. This morning, I have a red light again. I would like to make mine manual again if possible.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    11 years ago

We have the Touch in our dog room. We've been living here for a little over 4 months and have not replaced batteries yet- but I only turn the faucet on and off approx 2-3 times per day. I have the Tapmaster in my kitchen and I like the tapmaster MUCH better than the touch. It just seems to work easier and be 'cleaner' to use (the touch makes a little sound when it turns on that irrationally bugs me). I like that the water is only on when I kick it (unless I kick hard) so there is less effort in turning water on/off/on/off, etc. I'd look into both options if I were you.

• jstro
    11 years ago

I just had my faucet installed and I really like it, however, it will only turn on/off if I touch the handle. Nothing happens if I touch the faucet. Any ideas?

• jack_chute
    8 years ago

we've had the Delta Pilar for several years and have been happy. However, recently the nozzle drops out of the curved stem. It will stick loosely, and drop out when the water is turned off. Anyone else with this problem? Any suggestions?

• Kathy Emigh
    6 years ago

I have install my Delta touch 7 months ago and had to change the batteries twice now. Disappointed