Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The cabinets are coming, the cabinets are coming!!!

Posted by cathy725 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 8:47

I have been bad about posting updates. My kitchen renovation started last week. I was out of town since they were going to be tearing everything out and it was spring break for my son--we didn't want to be in the way or breathing all the dust. DH stuck around and worked so he was here to answer questions and make sure things were going well.

This week the tile went into the kitchen and they ran the electrical. Also they are working on my living/family room where we opened up the wall to make it more open (my floor design is basically 4 boxes with a hall in the middle).

They have finished covering up the soffit openings (which were removed) and drywall stuff. Painted yesterday. My gray paint looks a bit blue, but I'm really hoping it takes on a more gray look when the lights and countertop are in. If not, I may be repainting to get the color right.

Cabinets are supposed to come today and installation will begin on them. I sure hope they look good!

I'll get my act together and upload photos, but for one teaser, here's my house where it looks like it got a case of the flu and upchucked on my driveway!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The cabinets are coming, the cabinets are coming!!!

Yea! You must be so excited! Keep posting pictures--love looking at them!
I hope the cabinet install goes smoothly :)

o

How exciting for you. Can't wait to see more pictures.

o

Woo hoo! We want pictures!

o

I don't think they did anything with cabinets today. Promises, promises. I'm at work but my son returned from school and updated me. Maybe tomorrow???

o

The exterior of your home is lovely. I believe the symetry of four boxish rooms with a center hall is classic Georgian and I have always been fond of that type of layout.

I am sure you are head over heels with anticipation! Good luck, I can't wait to see pics of the kitchen!

o

Cathy - LOL - on the case of the stomach virus!!

One if by land, Two if by sea!

Hope to see some more pictures soon!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here