Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paigelipowicz

Silestone Suede finish

paigelipowicz
10 years ago

Has anyone ever used it? any pictures?

We have decided on Silestone Lagoon for our kitchen counters after much deliberation. I love the look of honed marble but wasn't ready for the upkeep with two small children and a messy husband. I noticed Silestone now has a suede finish but have never seen it in person. A while back i saw a cambria kitchen that had a "honed" finish and it looked like plastic to me. Wondering if the Silestone suede will look the same. Has anyone used it? seen it? love/hate? Thanks in advance.

Comments (11)

• OKMoreh
    10 years ago

I have the same question, but about the suede finish in Eco by Cosentino. Cosentino is the company that manufactures Silestone, and Eco is a similar product except with recycled glass, etc., instead of quartz. I don't want a very shiny countertop.

Years ago in another house I installed a laminate counter (probably Wilsonart) that had a matte finish, and I was pleased with it.

• marykh
    10 years ago

Silestone sueded Lagoon is what we're likely installing, too. We fell in love with the sample. It feels great, as well as looks beautiful. Passed the stain/etch test with flying colors.

Would love to hear from someone who's already living with it.

• Martha Alvarez
    9 years ago

marykh how do you like the installed suede counter so far? I am considering order lagoon suede as well. Do you have any pics?
    Thanks,
    Martha

• PRO
    Cosentino
    6 years ago

We had the Lagoon sueded finish in our last house and loved it. Someone asked me about a warranty waiver but it had the same transferable warranty as polished- we transferred 20 years to new homeowners. I assume they still do that. We had no problem keeping it nice and it really had a great color - just looked like marble.

• Annemarie Darrach
    6 years ago

I have the suede finish in Silestone, White Zeus extreme. I love it, but after living with it for 3 months, I notice that it can stain easily if spills are not wiped up right away. Does any one know what is a good cleaning product to use? They caution against using cleaners with bleach. Any ideas? The stains I have are not obvious ones, but I can tell they are there.

• carey
    5 years ago

We are about to install the royal reef in suede finish (looks a lot like a matte cement). I'm glad to hear that folks are pleased overall with what they've installed. Annemarie, do you think the staining occurs more easily on yours because of the white color?

• eer2099
    5 years ago

Carey did you end up installing the Royal Reef counter tops? That's the color I think I have decided on but I can't find many pictures online to use as examples. I'd love to see a picture of yours if that's what you decided on!

• Annemarie Darrach
    5 years ago

i found that liquid Bar Keepers friend works well on the suede Silestone. i do not have any stains on the counter; they usually go away after repeated cleaning. Our white Blanco silgranit sink seems to hang on to stains more easily than the quartz. I love the white sink and counters but they are higher maintenance.

• carey
    5 years ago

eer2099, yes! Been in our new home just a few days now. I'll get a pic and post it. Love it so far!

• eer2099
    5 years ago

I just now saw the notification for this but yes, please post a picture! I am still debating between the royal reef and the desert silver, I need to decide! lol