Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You're Invited!

Posted by live_wire_oak (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 7:49

I don't want this to sound like a solicitation of business, because it's NOT.

As many of you know, I started with a new company back in October that hadn't carried cabinets before. I got to design the showroom, and run the construction process that created it.

It's finally DONE! Those of you who have been through childbirth, um, a renovation, will know exactly how I feel! Giddy relief. It's not perfect, and I had to let go of my control freak micromanaging at the end and let others help with the finishing touches. But, it's 97% of everything I envisioned.

So, we're throwing a party! Today from 11-7, if you're located anywhere near Memphis, we'll buy you lunch and/or a glass of wine. Google Maps is your friend. ProSource of Memphis. Hollysprings is coming for sure because we're members of the same NKBA chapter, and there might be one or two other forum friends as well. We'll see.

I will add some pics to this post later so that the TKO can enjoy even more completed kitchens.

If you can't come, raise a glass yourself in anticipation of your own completion date!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You're Invited!

I wish I could come - I am too far away! Have fun on your opening day! Congratulations!

o

Congrats! Wish I lived nearby! Can't wait to see the pictures.

o

Congratulations! I'm a long time lurker and don't post much, but I just wanted to say thank you for all the help you give to people on this board. You are an invaluable resource and give such great advice for free! I'm glad your reno is done. Good luck with your wonderful business...I'm living vicariously through you. I secretly want to be a kitchen designer!

o

Wish I could come but too far away. Hope you all have a great time. Can't wait to see the pics.

o

I'll be thinking of you - hope it goes well!

o

So exciting! Hope everything goes well.

o

Congratulations! Wish I was close too. Holding out for the pictures :)

o

Congratulations!

I think I recall a gorgeous (blue?) island you were doing from an early pic. Can't wait to see the finished product.

o

Too far, my loss

Best wishes for success

o

How exciting! Congrats! Too far away to come by, but I will raise a glass for you (here) later!

o

If I leave now and drive 200 MPH, I *might* make it by closing! congrats, and enjoy :)

o

Even the virtual invite is much appreciated! I will look forward to seeing pictures later. Congrats and best of luck.

o

Best wishes for massive success from South Florida!

o

Hope you have a fantastic opening day party! Much success :)

o

Congratulations! I'm sad I'm too far away, because I would love to see the space and meet some GWebbers in person.

o

I would love to see all the kitchens you designed for that space!! Photos for those of us not even remotely close to Memphis?

o

You are so generous with your time and advice on this forum, I really wish I lived close enough to come and congratulate you in person! Please know that I will be raising a glass to your and your future success, and sending warmest wishes for today! Thanks and best of luck!

o

Too far for me too.

I'll raise a glass to you, hope everything goes well!

Looking forward to the photos!

bee

o

Congrats to you for wrapping that reno up and for embarking on your new endeavor. So grateful for all your help here that I would love to come and support your shop, but I'm not near Memphis ;-( . Best of luck!

o

Congrats.
Jealous- not done here yet, close but not done...I have too many hats :)
Best of luck.

o

Congrats! I hope this new showroom brings you much success. Thank you for all you do to help us here on the board. Pictures... post pictures!!!!

o

Wish I was reasonable close. I'll be looking for pics though. Have a great time!

o

Congratulations-wish I were closer too. :(

o

Congrats! I'm sure it will be a smashing success. We want pictures!

o

Congratulations! I am too far away as well. But post pictures when you can. I appreciate all the advice you give here and know you will be very successful.

o

Best of luck with this new exciting venture! Would love to pop in and celebrate with you...alas...Boston is a bit out of the loop! Congratulations from afar!

o

Congratulations! How exciting!

o

Congratulations! I am not near Memphis or would have stopped by!

o

Congrats! You've shown a few sneak peeks here and there, but hope you post some "all finished" shots! And I raise my Sprite to toast your success! :)

o

Congratulations on your new endeavor!!! Thanks for all of the advice you have shared with everyone! It's greatly appreciated!

o

Good luck on the new venture. Super exciting!

o

Congrats!! Lucky lucky consumers in Memphis who get to work with you. I wish I would encounter one professional who is half as knowledgeable as most of the regulars here on GW. Can't wait to see pictures!

o

Congrats! Hope everything went well yesterday. Hope that you post pictures for all of us who weren't able to attend.

Curious, do all Prosource carry cabinets? or just certain ones?

o

The new showroom is small, but beautiful. I particularly liked the small coffee area in the budget cabinets with the 180FX marble laminate. And they throw a heck of a party. The wine flowed freely.

I barely even saw Live_wire. She was busy talking business with clients. I'd bet she hasn't even had a chance to check the board. I only had my camera phone with me, so the quality isn't great, but I'll post a shot of my favorite a bit later.

o

Congratulations! Can we see pics please :)

o

How exciting. Congrats and "break a leg." Like many of us, I'm far away but I always love me some kitchen showroom pictures so please post them and show us your stuff!! Then we can drool into our wine.

o

How exciting!! Congrats!!!

o

That is wonderful! I hope to get to Memphis this summer. Will certainly stop by.

o

Here's the pic with the 180FX and Aristokraft dark oak cabinets that I promised. Not the greatest pic. It totally washed out the marble laminate which was quite nice with the ogee edge.

I liked how this updated "oak and laminate" from the golden oak and Jamocha Granite that all the builders used. Adding in just those few fluted fillers and rosettes really dressed it up for very little cost. The glass was from a local glass artist, which was a smart way to make the bucks in a kitchen stretch further. I also liked how they stair stepped one end of the backsplash and used a Schluter edge on the other to show different ways of finishing off a backsplash. Not crazy about the cup pulls, but the silver color does show up well on the dark oak.

I talked with Live_wire briefly, and she is just swamped with work generated from the opening and will post pics when she gets a chance.

This post was edited by hollysprings on Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 0:00

o

Congrats live_wire_oak! good luck with your opening. how fun to be able to meet up with GWers in real life! wish I could join too. can't wait for more pics, looks like a HUGE showroom!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here