Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cotehele are you around? Link to your kitchen pics.

Posted by prill (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 7:31

I'm trying to find some threads with pictures of your kitchen, but not having much luck. My daughter is in the process of purchasing a 1910 four square house in the Boston area. I can just picture a kitchen similar to yours in there and would love to show her your pics as inspiration. Hopefully I can get her involved here to get some great planning advice from this forum.

It will be a slow process for them after the initial purchase, but inspiration is good, and your kitchen is so beautiful.

Thanks Prill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cotehele are you around? Link to your kitchen pics.

Hi Prill ~ Thank you! The ''progress'' thread was lost awhile back when so many other threads went MIA. I have been away all day, so give me a chance to clean up the kitchen and take a few pictures. It is not finished, but it is really close. So the pictures will be progress pics again. Good luck to your daughter. Planning a kitchen together will be so much fun! I'd love to see pictures of her house. I hope we see here here soon.

Judy

o

Thanks Judy - can't believe all those posts are gone. There were so many great pictures. No hurry.

o

Just bumping up, so cotehele won't have to search for it when she's ready to post.

Laurie

o
bumping.

not sure where this thread is - I searched and couldn't find it until I used google...

o

prill - I am sorry to take so long. Life is intruding on good intentions. I will just post some old pics. The basics haven't changed. It just looks a little more finished now-it's not done, though. I am so embarassed at some of these views. Oh well, it IS a used kitchen, lol. Enjoy the process!

The inspiration:
Kenebec Victorian Pantry

The plan:
Photobucket

Rendering:
Photobucket

Fridge, cooktop, island and door to the bakery:
Photobucket

Cleanup and dish storage and work side of the island:
Photobucket

Baking dishes, food storage containers, wraps, glassware, tea & coffee:
Photobucket

Cooktop:
Photobucket

Hutch:
Photobucket

The prep end and storage side of the island:
Photobucket

o

Judy - thanks so much. I wasn't rushing you -- REALLY. With all these missing threads, I just couldn't find it. Your kitchen is beautiful as I remembered. What do you mean, I love the tin foil. I hadn't seen some of these before and thanks for the layout pic. Priscilla

o

Priscilla, You are very welcome. I didn't feel rushed as much as not seeing time this week to take another set of pictures. Now if I could get the backsplash and the door panels finished, I would be one happy gal. Please post some pictures of your daughter's house. It sounds lovely.

Judy

o

Cotehele--I love your kitchen and your soapstone. Do you have any ideas as to what backsplash you are using? I'm looking at backsplash options and my soapstone looks a lot like yours. Trying to get ideas from others with soapstone. Thanks.

o
backsplash

sis2two, I always open the backsplash threads hoping to find inspiration. Ideas have evolved from subway tile (DH doesn't like tile anyplace), to all soapstone (it would be too dark) to a mix of soapstone and tile. I have it mocked up using matte board and images of decorative tile. The scale is actually smaller than it would be IRL. I am stumped finding someone to do the work. Would it be a tile setter or soapstone fabricator or both? I get frustrated and think maybe I should just slap something up and be done with it!

What ideas have you had?

o

Cotehele--I keep going back and forth between crackle subway tile and tumbled travertine perhaps in a subway tile also. The crackle tile has that old antique-like look which I really like but the travertine also has a rustic look I like. I am so tired of looking at my royal blue backerboard that I am ready to do something. I also want something that won't compete with my soapstone and be a neutral backdrop. I would like soapstone backsplash also but like you it would be too dark. If you have anymore ideas I'd love to hear them. Good luck on yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here