Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dennyloren

Reviews For The RTA store

dennyloren
11 years ago

I am going to redo my kitchen next week, its going to be a DIY project and we have planned to replace the cabinets. I was searching for ready to assemble kitchen cabinets and a friend of mine recommended me the RTA store.

Does anyone here have any experience with the store or installing RTA kitchen cabinets??

Comments (9)

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

I used custom RTA cabinets from Scherr's, and couldn't be happier. But I have no knowledge of the cabs from The RTA Store.

Can you find out where cabinets from The RTA Store are made?

• crampon
    10 years ago

If you are doing the work next week, but haven't picked cabinets yet, you might want to push back your start date a bit while you pick your cabinet vendor and figure out what specific cabinets you'll be buying (finish, dimensions, extra features like trash pullouts, drawers rather than shelves, etc.)

If there's one thing I wish we had done differently in our kitchen remodel, it would be taking more time up front to plan things out before we demo'd our old kitchen.

• J P
    6 years ago

Daniel,

I am curious what you thought of the quality of the RTA Store cabinets? I am also curious which cabinets you went with and if the assembly was all that bad.

• Daniel McMath
    6 years ago

Customer service: Really quite good.

Quality of cabinets: Not bad at all. Cushion close, heavy doors, plywood boxes, and everything is cut pretty well. So far, they look great, honestly.

Assembly: Sometimes a little tricky, but if you're careful and cautious, they'll go together fine. I had one cabinet go together badly -- a lot of time spent with a rubber mallet and a sharp knife trying to make one edge come together cleanly -- but so far the others have all been quite easy. A simple box cabinet should take you about 15 minutes to assemble, once you're in practice. Even that one "bad" cabinet ended up within a sixteenth of an inch on the critical dimensions, which was close enough for this kitchen.

All in all? I could have spent $16K at any of the local places having custom cabinets made up (then however much installing). Instead, I spent $6K at RTA. I dealt with a crazy nightmare of a delivery, and am spending a couple of weeks slowly assembling and installing my cabinets. I'd probably do it again.

YMMV.

• Justin Powers
    6 years ago

Yah the specs for the RTA cabinets seem pretty tough to beat. Thanks for sharing! It makes me feel a little better moving forward with my purchase.

• User
    6 years ago

Cheepchinesecrapola.

• J P
    6 years ago

Sophie,

Have you tried RTA Store? I am just curious?

• s
    3 years ago

Hi just wondering if you went through with RTA store? If so, what do you think of the delivery experience, and the quality. I'm having trouble finding pictures of what the cabinets look like inside, do they look like ikea? Or nicer? Thank you