Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How To Make Vegetable Juice?

Posted by JeniferLee697 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 7:00

I wanted to begin making my own Vegetable juice so I can drink it daily and not eat it, as I find this easier for myself personally.

Can someone please recommend a good juicer? Are there juicer suitable?

And can I please get some recommendations on what Vegetables can be mixed together to get a nice drinkable juice?

Thankyou:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How To Make Vegetable Juice?

I have a breville juicer which I'm happy with. I would suggest you go to a juicebar and try a few drinks to see which combinations you like. in my area, Whole Foods, offers some great combinations.
I use my vitamix (blender) everyday though to blend veggies and fruit for a morning smoothie. I usually include kale, spinach, chard, sometimes ginger, with all fruits - bananas are my favorite. the vitamix is much easier clean up.

o

I had a Breville juicer that was great for juicing vegetables (lost in divorce).

o

From a nutritional standpoint, using something like a Vitamix or Nutribullet -- which turns the whole vegetable into a liquid -- is better than using a dedicated juicer. I have been using a Nutribullet.

o

You might post this on the cooking forum...you'll probably get more responses there....

o

nutri bullet all the way. Spinach / kale mix, with blackberries or strawberries, a banana, a tsp powdered peanut butter and crushed ice. A 1/4 tsp ground flax seed if I have it.

o

I just have a question about Vitamix, since you brought up blenders. Do people really put whole fruit like oranges or grapefruit, etc in juicer/blenders like they show on QVC when they do the Vitamix sellathons? If so what about the white pithy stuff and the seeds? Also they sometimes put in whole peppers and the like. Are the seeds in these fruits and vegys just ground up beyond recognition and so you don't notice them? Does the white pithy part under the peel of citrus fruit give the resulting slurry a bitter taste? Just wondering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here