Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to get rid of the scattered flour in the kitchen?

Posted by JeniferLee697 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 6:47

Well, as you know, we easily get into trouble when we knead dough in the kitchen, the flour will spread anywhere. We are hard to do other things like answering the phone if the hands are sticky as well as cleaning the kitchen afterwards. Is there any good solution to avoid such problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to get rid of the scattered flour in the kitchen?

I don't find kneading dough to be troublesome. I have granite counters and just knead the dough right on the floured counter. Clean up is easy. Just use a dough scraper to collect it all and scoop it into my hand and toss in the garbage can. Wipe my counters down with a wet paper towel and done.
You could try doing the majority of the dough kneading
in a KA mixer. Leaving you just a minor amount of kneading on the counter to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. NancyLouise

o

Another tactic is to use your sink as a dry sink.......put your bowl in the sink, do some preliminary kneading and addition of flour in the bowl to contain the mess, and then transfer to your counter to finish it.

o

If my hands are sticky I don't answer the phone, unless I am expecting an urgent or important call. They can leave a message.

o

Vedazu, what a great expression calling the sink 'the dry sink' ! I love it. I often do that while baking and this is really convenient, particularly as I am short. I learned something today!

o

My KA does most of the work..if I need to knead further, I usually do it dry on my Corian or only small amounts of flour..don't ever need my bench scraper.

Pie crust and cookies are rolled out on a silicone mat, barely floured.

o

As for answering the phone, have a baggie(not the zippered kind, the thinner ones) near by, stick your hand in it before you pick up the phone.

o

This post appears to be a cyberbot type post.

o

"This post appears to be a cyberbot type post."

That's what I thought. This "Jenifer" put up another post at the same time - about vegetable juicing, I think - that actually contained an advertising link.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here