Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lighting Round 2 (well maybe 4?)

Posted by miruca (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 6:37

Revised kitchen lighting plan based on GW comments - put light over sink, added lights over range counters, and tightened up lights over/near island.

Using 4" Cree recessed lights in 9 ft ceiling. Not sure what the undercabinet or in cabinet lights will be yet. I also want to do some plug mold under cabinets to avoid placing outlets in the range wall ... thanks to GW!.

How's this looking now? Will it matter that the counter lights and the island lights are not lined up?

photo KitchenLightR2_zps064646d2.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lighting Round 2 (well maybe 4?)

bump ... in hopes of comments...

o

I will also recommend some under cabinet lighting. My kitchen is quite large so instead of making it a MIB alley the designer I used suggested under cabinet lighting and i was a little uncertain about the whole thing in the beginning but now I’m happier with it

Here is a link that might be useful: more info about under cab lighting

o

Thanks for the link. I do have UCl on the only three upper cabinets - good to know how much you like UCls

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here