Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pluckymama_gw

Tell me why you love your Franke Orca sink!

pluckymama
16 years ago

Looking at the Franke Orca sink. Would like to know if you use your grids and how this sink has made life easier in the kitchen.

Comments (25)

• User
    16 years ago

I am deliberating the sink (and granite and faucet and paint and and and) ... and in my opinion, the franke orca and the franke regatta are stunning. As beautiful as all the other sinks are, those are just stunninger! That said though, I am not sure if and how they will fit into my kitchen and if I will spring for a franke$.

• tkln
    16 years ago

We've had the Orca for over two years and love it...I have the bottom grid and the shelf grid on the right...It's a great size and the shelf comes in handy a lot (though there have been times where it would have been easier to not have it). I also love the way it looks...

• lkremodel
    16 years ago

I've had the orca sink for 8 months and also like it. I use a dish pan and regular, cheapo metal dish rack/dryer. Both are out of sight, work well, and cheap.

I like the sink's shape, depth, and the flexibility that it gives you in working with large size cooking gear.

• franki1962
    16 years ago

LOVE the size and single bowl. With some dirty dishes in the sink I can still get any size pot/pan in there to clean without having to move stuff around.

• shudda
    16 years ago

I've had mine for nearly a year now and use the right-side rack almost all the time. I can still get a half-sheet cookie pan in the bottom of the sink to clean it! The depth is great, the rack is awesome! My one learning is that I have a high faucet and if I'm not careful with water pressure I splash a lot...oh well! I wouldn't trade it for any sink I've seen.

• pluckymama
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great picture and I agree it is a beautiful sink. It looks like it's a convenient size and I am so tired of a double sink where I can't fit my pots and pans in to clean them very easily. How do you use the racks and grid? Do you recommend getting them with the sink?

• rockpig
    16 years ago

Is this a good price for the Orca? What would this be missing if anything? The seller tells me they are brand new. What do you all think?

Here is a link that might be useful: Orca

• lkremodel
    16 years ago

Rockpig: I think it's a good price for the sink. I had to read the description a couple of times to tell that the price didn't include any of the grids that previous posters have mentioned. I bought mine from an ebay seller about a year ago at a price close to this which also didn't include the grids.

• jerseygirl_1
    16 years ago

It is my favorite part of my kitchen. I always wanted a big sink. I have an Orca in a 30" sink base. I find Orca so easy to multi task with.

We bought ours over ebay 1 1/2yrs ago. I can't remember what we paid.

Grids are sold separately.

• pluckymama
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for all of your responses.

Does having the shelf for the grids ever get in the way of cleaning big pans etc... or is the sink plenty big even with the shelf?

• sue_ct
    15 years ago

I just ordered the orca from faucetdepot.com. If you call them and give the model numbers of what you want they will tell you their best price on each item, and it is better than what they have on their website. They discounted the sink, right and left hand grids, bottom grid and drain tray (colander) to at least match the best price I had found off Ebay (WSC direct) plus gave me a better price than I had found anywhere on the Brizo Flriano, then theu discounted shipping, and took a little off each of about 100.00 or worth of other small items I needed. Make sure to factor in shipping on Ebay. The sink for 560.00 I saw had a shipping fee of more than 50.00 and would have ended up costing more than one listed for 590.00.

Anyway, you might consider faucetdirect, also. They gave about the same price without having to go through Ebay and a better price on a faucet at the same time.

Sue

• teched
    15 years ago

I got my Orca from my appliance dealer. It was $518 and I picked it up a week after ordering it. The same sink was $890 at Expo.

Mine is still in my living room, awaiting the granite install a week from today! I love what arrived today: the accessory bowl that can be inserted to make the sink act like a double sink.

• sue_ct
    15 years ago

I wondered about ordering the extra bowl, but wondered how cumbersome it would be to store and how often I would use it. I wish they had done it in stainless steel or clear like the one they do for the Oceania.

Let us know if you use the accessory bowl, I might have to order one.

Sue

• susanilz5
    15 years ago

I have an Orca in fireclay. I use the bottom grid and also the right side grid. The small grid pops out with no problem if you need to lay something flat on the bottom. I just set it on the counter and then put it back.

• pluckymama
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Got the sink. Now looking at faucets. Want a single hole faucet. Will either do a pull down or a side sprayer. Would appreciate any pics of your sink and faucet with brand and how you like it. Thanks.

• teched
    15 years ago

I do use the accessory bowl. It is perfect for washing up just a few handwash dishes. Stores nicely under the sink, and my sink cabinet is just 30" with a huge GD and an instahot tank. We use the bowl most nights. Also, our countertops are a black type of granite, so the black is not so bad.

BTW, I LOVE the big Franke Orca sink. People rave over this sink when they see it. It hides an entire day's worth of dishes, you can put huge pots into it, it's quite, and it's just great!

• billf_sink
    15 years ago

I was looking at the Franke ORX110 at yourfrankekitchen.com, they show it for list price of $1076. My wife wants to use it in our kitchen project but I'm seeing that online prices are all over the place. We don't like to buy from auction sites ( ebay, etc. ). How do we find out what a legit price is for this sinK?

Here is a link that might be useful: Franke Kitchen Sink List Price?

• iblondiem
    14 years ago

billf sink, try calling different websites that sell the ORX110 and get a qoute because many of them just put the list price. I called several dealers of Franke the one I ended up choosing was KbAuthority.com they gave me a great price for the sink, accessories, and faucet with free shipping.

• mdrive
    14 years ago

hi jerseygirl...i'm looking at the orca sinks and from what i can see, they require a 33 inch minimum cabinet...how were you able to use a 30" cabinet, did you modify it in some way??...sure love the sink, but my layout will require a 30" cabinet so unless there is a smaller version of the orca at appears the orca wouldn't fit...

• sheila99
    14 years ago

Franke1962: Beautiful sink! I am looking for a sink as well. I looked up the specs on Orca, it is pretty deep front to back, over 18", please tell me if you feel like you are too far away from the water faucet. Is it a comfortable reach? One more question: how much granite is there between the edge of the sink and the edge of the overhang? I am trying to figure out if I can reach my water faucet. Also, how far is the faucet from the sink? I just looked at the picture again and the faucet is mounted on the 'smaller' side. Would you still be able to reach it if it were mounted on the larger portion of the bowl?
    Thanks.

• mdrive
    14 years ago

bump

• mkim18_gmail_com
    13 years ago

what color faucet and drain is everyone getting with the Franke Orca sink? (chrome or satin/brushed nickel? which color mathces best with the Orca?

• S.L Mash
    8 years ago

be careful! not all sites are authorized authentic sites. call Franke and they will give you the lists of violators….and authorized web sites.

• Sandy Connelly
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Can you use the drain tray as a drying rack or is the right side grid the best answer for drying? I liked the idea of using the tray as a colander and drying for a mug or small plate. Thoughts?

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!