Houzz Logo Print
diebold1

New Kitchen Pics

diebold1
13 years ago

Here are some pics of our new kitchen.

Before

Before

href="http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n491/scottno1/?action=view&current=Before.jpg"; target="_blank">

After

After

After

Comments (42)

• debbie1031
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Just beautiful! Congratulations and enjoy your space.

• brianadarnell
    13 years ago

It looks gorgeous!!!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 years ago

It looks like you took a magic wand and made the kitchen area match the breakfast area! Perfect, so lovely.

• marcolo
    13 years ago

Fantastic--very rich looking. Great to see the beauty of wood!

I wanted to point out for those who were on johnliu's "baking center" thread, this is the layout I was talking about. From the sink toward the right, the kitchen functions perfectly for cooking on the range. From the sink toward the left, it works for baking (or roasting) in the oven. Two separate workspaces in one!

Scottno, if you have a chance, would you mind posting your floor plan, with just the layout and dimensions from a bird's eye view? Or is it already in another thread? I keep wanting to do this setup in my kitchen, but don't think I have room.

• wizardnm
    13 years ago

Very nice, it's a kitchen you will enjoy for many years.

• Angela
    13 years ago

Those cabinets are beautiful - I'm usually a sucker for white cabinets, but this is one example where I like the wood stained cabinets much better. Would you mind posting some details about the cabinets? (Brand, stain, etc.) Great job!! Looks amazing.

• kbmboston
    13 years ago

Wow, beautiful! I din't think the before picture was so bad (except for the knobs), but wow that is amazing.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

I agree with kb, that your first kitchen was nice (minus the knobs and bs), but the new kitchen is ooh la la!
    That is so elegant and grown up. I love the mantle over the hood.
    Of course, you still need to post details of the materials please ;)

• marthavila
    13 years ago

This is one of those white to wood transformations that has made a hugely positive difference in the overall richness and warmth of the room. And, while taking the cabs all the way to the ceiling tends to eliminate your art collection above the cabs, it also streamlines and "enlarges" the space. Also love the new backsplash and mantle hood, countertops and appliances, of course. (Would you please share the details?) A very, very nice makeover indeed!

• sandn
    13 years ago

Scottno,
    That beautiful rich wood looks much more in keeping with the rest of your house. I agree with Marthavila that taking the cabinets all to the ceiling makes the space much grander. I like the mantle shelf above your range for displaying some of your collection. Love the cow creamer, too!

• trailgirl
    13 years ago

Lovely kitchen. Can you post some on the details, including the floor tiles (we are looking for tile for our entry way).

• Babydoll2006
    13 years ago

Fantasic kitchen, I love the warmth the wood brings to the space. Enjoy!

• barbcollins
    13 years ago

Beautiful. I love the floor too!

• User
    13 years ago

Elegant is definitely the first word that comes to mind. Warm and very well designed as Marcolo said. Hope you are enjoying cooking. c

• kclv
    13 years ago

Wow. That is beautiful, although I must admit the before kitchen was already pretty nice minus the knobs and backsplash.

Gotta say, however, I am very envious of your teapot collection. Is that a Belleek one I see on the top right hand shelf in the dining room? I bet you buy the collectible teapot calendar that comes out every year.

• miniscule
    13 years ago

What a beautiful warm kitchen. Love what you did with your coffee nook open to the table; and those new drawers and oven wall are great!

• tinker_2006
    13 years ago

I really love white kitchens, and your first kitchen was nice, but wow.. you did a great job, and the kitchen is warm and beautiful!

• joan2121
    13 years ago

Wow!!! Looks great! i love your windows and the paint color.

• catherine_l
    13 years ago

Beautiful!!

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

I thought the white kitchen was great, until I saw your new one. Wow, it is awesome.

• diebold1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is a list of items that we used for the new kitchen:
    Cabinets: Custom cabinets by Old River Cabinets, Amelia
    Virginia. Solid Cherry Wood with Sunset stain
    chocolate glaze.

Counter tops: Granite, Ubatuba Mabrasa

Backsplash: Travertine marble, harmony seashell

Floor: Marazzi Tile, Jade Sage

Sink: Oliveri

Faucet: Grohe, Bridgeford

Stove: Miele

Speed Oven: Miele

Oven: Miele

Warming drawer: Miele

Dishwasher: Miele

Refrigerator: Sub Zero

Exhaust Fan: Vent-a-Hood

One of the nicest new features of the kitchen is our spice storage (not shown). We took advantage of the small space between the refrigerator and the pantry door. It is 24 inches wide X 6 inches deep X 9 feet tall.

To answer Mapletex, yes it is a Belleek teapot and we love to collect teapots. Marolo, sorry but we cannot put our hands on the floor plan of the kitchen. It is roughly 13.5 X 10.5. We will keep looking.

• jollyrd
    13 years ago

very impressive renovation. if I could ask/suggest one thing - the ceiling fixture in the kitchen does not do it justice, it sort of blends in to the ceiling and gets lost with the can lights. I can see a beautiful crafted ficture with some blue tones in it

• colorado_mom
    13 years ago

Beautiful, congrats! I am about to go google your backsplash tile - very nice! Also, are your cab's 39"?

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

I just love everything about your new renovated kitchen. I love the warmth of the Cherry cabinets and the stain chosen brings out the warmth and is perfect! The love the hardware chosen for the cabinet doors, I love how they go up to the ceiling which really updates the look of the kitchen and makes it look richer and more beautiful, I love the back-splash so much, I love the granite counters, love the floor, love the appliances, etc.

That spice storage rack sounds so nice!

• powertoolpatriot
    13 years ago

The cherry is beautiful! Gives your kitchen a lot of character! The pulls are a good match for the cabinets, as is the countertops! Great job!

• queenofmycastle0221
    13 years ago

I love it! I wondered if you might share the dimensions or a floor plan of your kitchen. My current master bedroom is where I want to put my new kitchen next year and it looks comparable in size. Thanks so much!

• diebold1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You have a good eye Colorado Mom, the cabinets ar 38". We are both very tall and it is much easier on the back.

• elle3
    13 years ago

Love your new kitchen! I have a sample of the backsplash tile--Marble Systems harmony seashell--and was wondering if you knew what color/brand grout was used. Sanded or unsanded? Love the overall look! Great idea to use the granite behind your stove.
    Congratulations :)

• willtv
    13 years ago

Hell, I'd have taken your old kitchen.

Great improvement. Love the tall uppers and the cabinets look fantastic. Also, great floor.

Enjoy.

• bonniez3
    13 years ago

Beautiful new kitchen!!

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Just echoing everyone else--So beautiful, warm, and rich! I love your mantle hood!

I must say, your before kitchen was pretty darned nice as well! (With a hardware and backsplash change, it could also be someone's "after"!)

Your beautiful new kitchen fits in so well with your dining area! Congrats and many, many happy meals to you and yours!

P.S. Do you think you could give us a little look-see at your spice storage? Thanks in advance!

• HIWTHI
    13 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen. The wood tone joins your kitchen and adjoining dining room. Lovely job.

• doonie
    13 years ago

A happy warm kitchen! I love it.
    (However your old kitchen was delightful too!)

• diebold1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. Elle3, we used unsanded grout on the backsplash. It is laticrete unsanded grout, 1685 almond. Only have 1 pic of the spice cabinet with the doors closed. Will take another with the doors open to let you see. Will post that soon.

• maryann_m
    13 years ago

Very nice, Scottno! Your cabinets are beautiful and you've created a warm, inviting space.

• diebold1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is the spice cabinet.

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Oh, I love that! What a great use of a shallow, yet tall space!

Thanks for posting those photos!

• ra_ca
    13 years ago

Wow! Simply stunning! I love it!
    Congratulations :-)
    -r.a.

• elle3
    13 years ago

thanks for the grout info....Love the cabinet for spices as well! This is a such an inviting kitchen!

• ginny20
    12 years ago

This is one of my inspiration kitchens. Love its elegance!
    Can you tell me what your hardware is? Sorry if you already did and I missed it.
    Thanks

• kadydid
    12 years ago

beautiful!

• flwrs_n_co
    12 years ago

Such a great redo! Love your cabs, spice cab, range hood, and layout! Enjoy!

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional