Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gestalt42

Help picking a range please!

gestalt42
11 years ago

Hi!
I am renovating my kitchen and need help picking a range. We just discovered yesterday that the stove I have (and have had in storage for awhile now...) won't work in my kitchen. It's too commercial. It's a Garland 30", really old, propane. Basically in order to install it I'm going to need a commercial permit, commercial hook up, ect, ect. So now I need to buy a new stove! (Luckily I can still use the Garland for the cabin)

I would like to take this moment to say that we are smack dab in the middle of renovations. As in no sink, no stove, nada. I was hoping to have the guy come and template the counters on monday but I can't do that till I make a decision on the stove. Right.

Because the cabinets haven't been permanently set in place I have a bit of wiggle room now with size. I would love a 48" stove (who wouldn't!) but in order to do that I would have to switch one of the 30" cabs to the island and take the 24" back over to the wall. That screws up the kicks and the butcherblock on the island. It's not a huge deal, we'd keep the countertop and make a table for the cabin or something. Still, extra cost. Or do I go with a 36" and regret it forever? Just kidding, kinda. The stoves I've been looking at are....

Aga 36" Legacy, BlueStar 36 or 48, American Range 36 or 48, or the Bertazzoni 36 or 48. I have always dreamed of having a real Aga but no way can we afford it. One other stove I've been looking at is the Esse Cat flueless, anyone have any experience with that? Like an AGA but not always on.

I really love the multiple ovens on the Aga and on the 48" sizes of the other ones. But is it worth all the re-do of the cabs? Plus I've read on here that the build on the Aga is not so great? We love to cook, it's a huge part of our lives. My husband gets up at 5 so he can be home early to cook dinner together. This is important. It's got to be good. Here's a tricky part. I live on an island so it's not super easy for me to go and see them in person. So I've been looking online and have found some good deals, some with free shipping (very good for me!). And this forum has been a godsend for everything! I don't know what I'd do without reading what you guys have to say! But after spending 6+ hours at the computer today trying to figure this out I finally realized I should just ask you. Please excuse the ramblings, it's late and I've been looking at ranges all day, my head is spinning. Thanks.

Crap. I just realized I posted this in the wrong spot. Should of been in the appliance forum. Sorry! I'm new to this...

This post was edited by gestalt42 on Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 3:58

Comments (3)