Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
socalusa_gw

Kitchen sink faucet height under window?

socalusa
15 years ago

Much as I like the idea of pull down faucets, I'm grappling with the high arc "invading" window space over my sink.

Most of the new faucets seem to command so much attention in the design and I guess I'm wondering if there is a single handled lower arc faucet (10"- maybe 13" high)that someone has used and likes?

So many choices! Anyone have a favorite that they could recommend?

Comments (11)

• User
    15 years ago

We have the Moen Aberdeen & the arch does go higher than the window in our case, but I don't think it really invades the window space. On the other hand, I think the arch actually contributes to the funtionability of the hand sprayer which is my favorite part of the faucet. Our other faucet had a separate sprayer and it wasn't near as easy to use. There are lots of folks who have posted pics of their kitchen and their faucets also go above the window height and again, it didn't seem to interfere, you may want to do a search for pics so you can get a good visual (if you haven't already). I personally wasn't interested in a lower faucet because to me the angle of the sprayers looked like they would be awkward to work with.

• lexluthor
    15 years ago

Here's our Kohler Vinnata faucet that goes higher than our windows.

I don't think it gets in the way at all.

{{!gwi}}

• justmeinsd
    15 years ago

I have a really large faucet. I find that I don't really notice it in my view even though it looks huge in the picture

• zelmar
    15 years ago

Both of our faucets are in front of windows and I like it. I think it helps draw the eye to the window. Actually the faucets are in front of dividers between windows but same sort of effect.

{{!gwi}}

• socalusa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lukkiirish - Thanks - As usual I'm having issues with the form vs. function part of the overall design again. I do like the graceful arc and pull down sprayer and I have collected quite a few photos to give me an aesthetic to ponder. Will go check out the Aberdeen - we've always had great wear and longevity from Moen faucets over the years, so we know they're extremely reliable.

lexluthor - Nice corner sink - had one time played with the idea of having one. The Vinnata is one I have been considering.

justmeinsd - Now that's a serious faucet! It has a very professional chef quality to it. DH might have a higher culinary expectation from me with that one! ;-).

zelmar - Yours has a nice, balanced look to it in front of the window and may be approx. where mine might be, altbeit on a smaller window.

Thanks! I have about 2 weeks to make a decision, so I'm welcoming all ideas and pics. GW is such a great forum, nice to have so much information in one spot.

• idrive65
    15 years ago

I have the Delta Allora. The first time I saw it in my bare kitchen (cabinets and counters only) I was horrified at how huge it looked. It was the only shiny thing in the kitchen and really stood out. After appliances, lights, and flooring were complete it was fine.

• socalusa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I love the look of the Allora - it looks beautiful in your kitchen. Another one to further consider!

Has it been good at redocking the pull out after you have used it?

• furletcity
    15 years ago

We have the Kohler Simplice and really like it. It's a pull down and redocks nicely.

• idrive65
    15 years ago

"Has it been good at redocking the pull out after you have used it?"

Yes, the magnetic dock is fabulous. The hose is long enough to fill my coffee maker or pots on the counter, and pops right back into place after.

• User
    15 years ago

correction:

i mistakenly gave you the specs for the hansgrohe talis s prep faucet, which is 14 1/2".

the hansgrohe talis s high arc kitchen faucet (06801000), the one i'm getting, is 16". it extends into the sink an extra inch or so.

hansgrohe has so many models, with slight variations. it's so easy to mix them up--sorry about that!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor