Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cani

Does this Carrera porcelain look fake?

cani
10 years ago

I'm still on the quest for a counter and backsplash. After finally deciding to ditch the glass tile and do a marble backsplash, I thought it would be a piece of cake. Not so much. Spent a few days looking for marble. I'm going to the ceiling behind the range so wanted a nice big piece of marble. That was a reality check. The slabs I love are $3500 and up. I found carrera (which I also like and could afford) but all the slabs are that blue/gray color with veining that isn't that great. I know there are some nicer ones with veining I like, but right now the stone yards are all carrying the same ones.

Went to the tile store today and saw this porcelain tile. It doesn't look bad in person but I worry if it will be too busy for a large area. I lean more towards modern and would probably run it in a straight line (stacked?) rather than subway. Please be honest and let me know if it looks fake or not. I would be getting the one on the top which has a shiny finish, The advantage is I wouldn't have to worry about stains etc. If it doesnt look right I will just have to hold out for the right slab.

Comments (5)