Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do we think of Hannibal's Kitchen ?

Posted by deeageaux (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 2:10

Other than it needs more natural light and light in general. LOL

It also appears Hannibal got the GE friends & family discount for a suite of GE Monogram appliances :)

And no kitchen table only formal dinning table.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do we think of Hannibal's Kitchen ?

Should we start with the utter lack of anything remotely resembling venting?

o

Nice!!! Fancy!!!! Completely staged for a magazine shoot and not at all practical or functional...

I can't tell you the number of times, since I started my remodel, that I have looked at pics of kitchens and thought, "what a gorgeous space but it is not functional/practical/liveable on a day to day basis."

o

I dont like it. The floors with those cabinets? Um, no. And whats with those two tiny islands out in the middle of nowhere? Not digging it at all.

o

I bet the show is on NBC. If your show is on NBC, your kitchen set must have all GE appliances (the parent company of NBC). I always loved Monica's early-90's GE Monogram 36" range on Friends. And Seinfeld's circa-1970's GE sxs fridge. This Hannibal kitchen - I agree with the other posters. Nice pro-faucet though.

o

I can't even SEE the cabinets ...

o

Considering what he butchers on the islands, I'd say it's a very functional kitchen.

o

Geesh, I though you meant Hannibal Lecter.

o

OMG, I, too thought of the Silence of the Lambs, and then seeing the butcher's block and those metal tables...
I was glad to see him arranging tomatoes and parsley.

o

Trebuchet,

It's a TV show on NBC that is based on the same character, so its not a kitchen I'd care to step into at all.

o

I don't want to know what's in those sausages....

I've been well trained by this group as my first thought was "Where's the venting for that cooktop?!?"

o

I don't think I can recall a cooktop on an Island with a rangehood on TV. Camera lines supersede any other priority.

Prep Prep Prep room but no dedicated prep sink.

They were going for the ultra utilitarian masculine look and I think the achieved that feel but removed some of the actual utilitarian features.

o

I don't think this was meant to be a kitchen to envy as it's the kitchen of a serial killer.

How it reads to me (as a viewer of the show): Cold, clinical, contained. It is meant to be used to process body parts and be easily cleaned, much like an Operating Room.

How I see it as a TKO: No ventilation! Needs more light! Needs some personality! Hannibal! Get yourself some pretty drawer pulls and some lighting over your workspace! You should have a prep sink! Where do you store your dishes?

o

Is that a leather easychair in the corner of the kitchen? I won't say anything rude about the kitchen because we all know how Hannibal hates rude.

BTW- Jeffrey Dahmers old house is up for sale. The pictures of the kitchen make it look very bright but it still looks creepy to me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dahmer's Old House

o

It's an appropriate kitchen for the character and mood of the show. As others have said it's not really practical or welcoming though.

The butcher block and random stainless steel table in the first photo are a little random and totally out of place.

o

Acadiafun I won't say anything rude about the kitchen because we all know how Hannibal hates rude.

Hahaha! So true!

o

I love all of the SS in the kitchen (especially the counter around the cooktop) and the floor tile. I also love the leather chair in the corner because I can imagine Hannibal sitting there planning his meals. Harris also made Hannibal's character (in the books mind you) very likable.

I am a huge fan of the Thomas Harris books and for the most part the movies. The show on the other hand I'm not crazy about. To be fair my undergrad is in Literature, and my masters is in Library Science and Archival Studies so I'm kind of a stickler for facts and following the story.

o

Seeing some of the comments here makes me wonder from a TKO standpoint:

Did he redo the kitchen to suit his needs and mood?

or

Did he just happen to buy a house that already had a dark, austere, depressing, foreboding, poorly-laid-out, dysfunctional kitchen, and working in that kitchen every day made him what he is today?

o

The butcher block and random stainless steel table in the first photo are a little random and totally out of place.

The SS table is where he begins to butcher a human corpse, usually with some rather large industrial/surgical looking equipment.

Butcher block is where he finishes butchering humans.

All that "from scratch" cooking can get a cannibal tired. Hence the leather chair for a nice glass of wine.

o

I had no idea what this was...I dont have Satellite or Cable TV. Never heard of whatver show this is, and I think that's a good thing!

o

Aw depressing? I find it interesting.

This show is on an over the air network, NBC. Its just a little Hannibal the Cannibal.

o

I haven't watched the TV show but the first picture looks like a forensic pathologist's lab. I guess that's appropriate though seeing as how it's Hannibal's kitchen.

o

SMH at the 12" landing space next to the ISLAND COOKTOP.

o

I feel like it could be the kitchen in the creepy house in Eyes Wide Shut. Bad dark vibes.

o

The true horror is the tablescape.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here