Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

Innermost (aka DesignCraft) Premium Veneers

brightm
10 years ago

Our house is a 1947 mid-century modern/ranch style. The renovating we've done hasn't all been 'period' authentic. Our taste runs between modern/transitional/natural.

We've been looking at KraftMaid in one of the shaker styles in maple. Then I started reading here and elsewhere and learned the difference between framed and frameless. I started looking at Innermost.

DH was the one that was leaning towards shaker. Mostly because the first store we went to had a nice display with pulls and a stain he liked that happened to be shaker.

I always envisioned slab style cabinets. Ironically, he's usually the one with more modern taste.

After seeing the pics that Innermost uses in many promos with the bamboo doors on the St. Lucia cabinets, he agreed that those would look good. I was still thinking maple, and after seeing the price difference between the two, I think that'll be the case (or possibly cherry.)

I've read good things about Innermost. I'm still happy with any feedback on Innermost/DesignCraft. But my main question is...

I didn't realize until I was fairly emotionally committed that the St. Lucia (Bella in DesignCraft) were veneer. I guess slab-style doors/drawers always are. Will I regret this? Should we go back to a shaker style to get 'real wood' (which I think is still only real wood on the edges (rails?) and veneer in the center anyway).

TIA.

Comment (1)