Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bons_gw

Starting to hate my Hansgrohe Allego E

bons
10 years ago

Love the look and the pull down. But it splashes. Period. I'm starting to hate it and will probably replace it.

I got it at Costco. Does anyone else have one from Costco that splashes? Or does anyone else have one from anywhere else that splashes?

Bonnie

Comments (11)

• Mimou-GW
    10 years ago

I have the one from Costco and it does not splash. I wonder if it has something to do with sink depth?

• elphaba_gw
    10 years ago

I thought splashing often happens when the end of the faucet is not positioned near or on top of the drain. I think I'm saying the same thing as nan53 since I believe the drain is usually at the lowest point of the sink, i.e. more depth can be helpful to preventing splashing.
    (I also may be saying something that applies more to a bathroom sink with non-movable faucet...oh well - just trying to help)

• marvelousmarvin
    10 years ago

There's several different Hansgrohe Allegro E models out there- Hansgrohe Allegro E Gourmet Pulldown, Hansgrohe Allegro E SemiArc Kitchen, etc..

The later looks really nice and is pretty popular, but it'll splash. The problem is that the height of the faucet is so high and thus the height the water drops before it hits the sink is so large that splashing can be an issue.

Whereas, if you got the former, then the height isn't as large so splashing isn't as much of an issue.

• sena01
    10 years ago

elphaba on 04.22.2013 at 01:58 am in Kitchens Forum

I thought splashing often happens when the end of the faucet is not positioned near or on top of the drain.
    Unquote

I agree with elphaba.

I have 2 sinks using the same faucet. Faucet end reaches to top of drain one of the sinks, and no splashing there. But with the other one water splashes everywhere.

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

With the drain towards the rear of my sink, I found it impossible (not to mention impractical) to find a faucet where the water steam went directly into the drain. The stream from my Delta Trinsic hits about in the center of my sink, and there is no splashing at all.

Previously, I had a Hansgrohe Talis S, and it splashed a lot. Maybe it had something to do with the angle of the water stream ... the Talis S projected the water at an angle towards the front of the sink, while the Delta projects the water almost straight down, with just a slight angle towards the front. Since the two have nearly indentical heights as far as the point where the water comes out is concerned, and since they were both used on the same sink, I am assuming that the angle of the water stream had something to do with the splashing. It might also be the case that the Delta has a somewhat stronger water-saver restrictor, though I didn't notice any difference in the water pressure of the stream.

• carolml
    10 years ago

I have two, Allegro E in main 11" deep sink and Allegro E Prep sink model (slightly smaller) in 8 1/2" deep sink. Both streams hit the sink just before the drain, neither of them splash. Could this be a function of water pressure?

• bcafe
    10 years ago

Hmm, ours doesn't splash and yes, we bought it at Costco. How deep is your sink?

• bcafe
    10 years ago

Duplicate

This post was edited by bcafe on Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 11:35

• bons
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have a Kraus SS sink. It's about 9 1/2" to the top of the sink, or 10 1/2" to the top of the counter. Is that not deep enough?

The water hits the drain, towards the top. It's when it I'm washing stuff that it splashes.

It appears to me to be the style of the stream. If it was where it hits in the sink, wouldn't it then splash for everyone when you rotate the faucet to one side or the other?

My water pressure is not especially strong. I never had this problem with my old faucet.

I'm going to be looking around for a new faucet.

Bonnie

• bcafe
    10 years ago

I have a Kraus as well. We have pretty strong water pressure and when I wash something like a piece of fruit it will splash off the item because I am holding it higher into the stream. I adjust my stream because it is a function of my pressure, not my faucet. Do you think the stream is too condensed? Just curious.

• bons
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I've been trying to hold stuff lower in the sink when I wash it, but that's not always practical, and it doesn't help all that much. It splashes whether it's on spray or stream, so I don't know if it's that it's too condensed. But it could be I guess?

Bonnie