Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Subways that match Kraftmaid Dove White?

Posted by tricia257 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 23:47

Since so many people seem to be using white subway tile backsplashes, I thought I might ask if anyone has found a white that matches Kraftmaid Dove White cabinets.

Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Subways that match Kraftmaid Dove White?

Hi there,

I too am doing Kraftmaid Dove white cabinets. I originally thought I wanted white subway tile too but then when I picked out my White Ice granite, I was afraid the whole thing would look too bland, white-washed. What are you doing for countertops?

o

Rebeccamom-
I have arctic sand countertops (wht, cream, w bits of blk).

I also had your thought. I don't want a blinding white or washed out kitchen either. My base cabinets are chocolate cherry w an ebony glaze. I need to get a sample of the counter. I can't remember it that well. :)

It seems like you and I are on the same schedule. I think we started the demo at the same time you did.

My granite is busy enough so I know I want something restful for the backsplash.
Are you considering doing grey subways perhaps?

o

Tricia, Happy rennoing! Our oak floor just laid as of today. Hopefully you guys are making good progress too. Here is my granite with the gray subway I am considering. Is your granite similar to mine? The color in the photo makes the subway tile looks more green than gray but it's actually gray - called Graystone. What do you think of the combo? I also tried it against white subway. I'll post that pic too.

o

Here it is with a white subway....(I would not use the floral trim - it just happened to be attached to the sample board)

o

I have to say I much prefer the gray. I can see where it may just be too much white to have a white backsplash.

Are you using chrome or nickel fixtures?

I can see touches of silver working really well.

o

Oh thanks! I posted these pics eariler today and the majority of webbers voted for the gray saying the white cabs and white backsplash with light granite would be too much white. My cabinet hardware will be polished nickel bin pulls - I found them at Home Depot(http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&keyword=martha+stuart hardware nickel&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All)

and knobs - I just ordered them! Thanks for the feedback.

Try the tile with your granite and see what you think.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here