Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with finishing the lighting

Posted by asm22 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 23:12

First of all would like to thank all you out there for sharing ideas during their remodel experience. We have just finished ours and the list is quite long. We are stuck on getting the pendant lighting (3) for the island and over the kitchen table. Any help would be great. Will post all the details about the remod cabinets appliances etc..it has been an experience since we did a lot of the work ourselves - as do many of you out there. It's a way to save any where you can and splurge on the things that make for a great kitchen. The island has 3 spots for pendants, and the luncheon table needs a light as well. Will try and post more pics in the gallery or finished kitchens.

Thanks for all the ideas...just one more for the lights.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with finishing the lighting

I want to look for more pics of your remodel. Beautiful. I was caught by the color blue which looks almost exactly like our kitchen, with the same color cabs and floor. Of course we don't have our marble installed yet, so we don't have our Delta Trinsic faucet in yet either!

We will install pendants centered on the double window behind the sink. Don't know what kind or color yet, since DW and I are not on the same page for finishes like that. She wants all stainless to match the faucet. I am undecided, and want something more like what we saw on a photo from Houzz.com in a remodeled FL home built in 1926. Their kitchen windows are exactly like ours. They used a dark narrow pendant with a glass shade.

o
RE: Help with finishing the lighting

Thanks.. Wall color is warm springs by Benjamin Moore. We have stainless counter with integrated sink that does most of the heavy cooking abuse. The cabs are bm mascarpone. The floor is Peruvian olivewood. Marble is carrera classic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here