Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aiallega

Need help with faucet choice

aiallega
11 years ago

Does anyone know of or have a high arc kitchen faucet where the lever on the side does not go back toward the backsplash but only forward and to the side? Can you recommend a faucet like this? There is not much room for a faucet lever to pivot backward in my case . Thank you for any help!!

Comments (13)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

How about putting the lever in the front. I got the idea from GW and love it.
    DH used to make a mess of the counter but now he only splashes around the soap dispenser area. I can't get him to learn to soap first.

There are many brands that can do this. For sure Waterstone is compatible. I can post a picture later.

I would never go back to a side lever!

• ginny20
    11 years ago

I had the same problem because my granite BS takes up the space that the faucet needs. a2gemini is right - just rotate the handle. I put mine at 45 degrees on the right - like 4:30 -so I could still get to it easily when bathing the dog. It looks fine. Mine is Moen.

• aiallega
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you. I will think about putting the lever in front. I already know that DH will think I'm nuts doing it. Do the hot and cold water lines need to be switched?

• Gracie
    11 years ago

Mine doesn't go back any further than the upright position The brand is Fluid, from Canada. We bought it from Keller's Supply, which has branches in all the western states. But don't most designs like this stop at the top?

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    11 years ago

I put my handle in the front, as do a lot of people. My plumber said he recommends doing it that way. It's very practical.

A2gemini, I'm with you on the soap dispenser. Why can't anyone around here get soap first???

• aiallega
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ooh I like that faucet May. Just looking at online specs it looks to me that most go back.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Here is our faucet with the front handle.

mpagmom- right on! I have even showed DH how to do this but I still find his puddles...I guess it is kind of like the toilet seat problem but he is respectful of that or I scream in the middle of the night. LOL

• williamsem
    11 years ago

It took me two months to determine our new bathroom hot water handle does not leak. Wanna guess why? But I'm letting I'll let him stay anyway :-)

I'm also going with the handle in front when we remodel in May. One of the many things from GW in the new kitchen.

• jellytoast
    11 years ago

Delta Trinsic. Handle does not go back any further than the straight up and down position.

• aiallega
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you jelly! I have been looking at that one online. That may be the one.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

I have two Delta Trinsics in my kitchen and love them.

• jellytoast
    11 years ago

A nice feature of the Trinsic is the toggle button which lets you switch back and forth between sprays without having to turn the faucet off. My previous faucet (a Hansgrohe) had to be turned off and back on again to switch between sprays, and I think a lot of faucets are like that.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    11 years ago

I just noticed my Brizo (made by the same company as Delta) Solna does what you want. It is very similar to the Trinsic but the pull-out is more hidden. I think there is a Delta that looks almost exactly like mine.