Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_tlc_gw

What color faucet do you have with your SS sink?

16 years ago

I have a stainless undermount sink and a brushed nickel faucet. The cabinets are honey maple w/coffee glaze and I want to put ORB hardware. I was thinking about changing out the faucet to match the hardware but not sure how it would look with to have a ORB faucet with a SS sink.

Comments (13)

• 16 years ago

Are you changing it because you think that it doesn't look good?

I just had my cabinets installed - the perimeter cabs are painted light, while the island is stained dark. My hardware is ORB on both. My one and only sink will be SS and it will be in the island, and I plan to have a brushed nickel faucet. My granite on the island will be dark - Antique Brown, so I figured that a lighter faucet to go with the sink would look better than all dark on the island. My range is SS, while the fridge and DW are both panelled in the light painted fronts. I hope that this will all look good together.

• 16 years ago

SS sink and I have a chrome faucet. I didn't try to match the faucet to any other metal in the kitchen because it was way too expensive. I don't think faucets are that important to spend lots of money on them. I'd rather have nice pulls and handles on my cabinets as that's what people will notice before noticing the faucet finish.

• 16 years ago

I have a brushed nickel faucet with my ss sink and I love it!

• 16 years ago

I forgot to mention that I have black appliances for whatever difference that makes. But based on what you've said I guess I could go either way and the nickel faucet I have was free from an interior decorator friend, nothing fancy - but free. I like the faucet you have in your pic lsandler! Pretty window too but it looks cold outside that window!

• 16 years ago

I have tumbled bronze and Im so happy I went with it. It ties in with my knobs and my granite, although its very hard to tell by the picture. I look at it as my sink goes with the appliances, the rest are accessories that I get to have fun with.

• 16 years ago

I have brushed SS faucet which blends very nicely with copper backsplash & greenish black cabs w/ white porcelain knobs. Appliances are SS.

• 16 years ago

Thanks for the good words on tmy faucet. It is the Kohler Vinnatta.

It does look like it is really cold from that window but it's not quite that bad--I live in northern Virginia, about 20 miles south of DC. It looks like I am in some really cold place!!

• 16 years ago

We have soapstone counters and ORB knobs on cream painted cabinets. Our sink is stainless and our faucet is stainless. We did consider an ORB faucet but thought if would get lost in the darkness of the counters.

{{!gwi}}

• 16 years ago

lsandler, I think the faucet I am about to have installed with my new counters looks just like yours. I love it! And my new sink will be SS.

• 16 years ago

Thanks for the input on this.

Anna, I wasn't sure which would look better.

dd70, that faucet is very pretty! I guess I'm going to stay w/my brushed nickel for now. After looking at my own before/after pics thread I decided that I like the way the brushed nickel breaks things up a bit. I think like vwhippiechick said the ORB might get kind of lost in the granite we have.

• 16 years ago

i have ss sink with chrome faucet and also chrome drain/strainer. i'm very happy with the combo

• 16 years ago

Chrome finish Kohler Promaster faucet and Pegasus bar faucet, brushed and polished stainless knobs and pulls, and matte finish Franke sinks.

• 16 years ago

Whippiechick! How do you like your kitchen faucet? Do you its height? Would love to hear your feedback on would also like to know what brand it is.

Thanks a million.

P.S. I'm selecting my slab of verde fantistico for my island on Thursday. Perimeter countertops will be the cambrian black antique. Am now simmering on faucet decision....