Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paneled Dishwasher--what's your favorite cover-up?

Posted by laughable (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 23:05

What do you like: One big door? A drawer over a door, or a stack of drawers? Something else...?

We put in a dw that needs a panel, and I need to decide what it will look like.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paneled Dishwasher--what's your favorite cover-up?

We had the cabinetmaker make a panel that looks like two cabinet doors. The panel itself is over a working drawer - we raised the DW up about 12 inches off of the floor to accommodate the drawer.

The maker told us an old-fashioned jelly cabinet was his inspiration for the piece.

Doc

o

That sounds really cute! I'd love to see a picture, Doc. : )

o

I have a single tub dishdrawer on each side of my sink. I wanted it to blend in with the rest of the drawers. Below it is a "real" drawer. He matched the size of the panels to look like the other drawers.

The first one is the top 2 drawers of the 2nd stack, next one is the other side of sink..

o

Your cab. maker did a great job, Bee! I can't find them, LOL. OK, I know where they are from your description, but that is really good blending. : )

o

I also did a drawer over a door, because that is what it was next to.

o

I went with what looks like a drawer on the top. If I had to do it again, I would do one big panel. That is the look I like best. Post a pic of your layout and see what kind of response you get. good luck!

o

Here's a pic of the dishdrawers open.

o

Here's the sink run. We have 2 DWs, only one will be paneled. Above will be 2 24" glass cabinets flanking open shelving over the sink. The toaster oven will not live there when the rest of the kitchen is done.

I'm thinking of doing a curtained area under the sink, a lot like the one Marcolo posted on the thread below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Curtained Cutey

o

Ahhhh, that's where those DW drawers were hiding. : ) Thanks for the second pic, Beekeeperswife.

I do like the drawer over door look that Pal and Michelle mention, but I'm wondering if in our case a single panel, or what looks like 2 doors would be a cleaner solution since the middle section has so much going on. Hmmmmm......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here