Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vsalzmann

Validation!

vsalzmann
11 years ago

My very first kitchen reno (full gut) was 11 years ago (I have done 4 more total guts in four different houses since then). It was a 1927 Tudor in a historical neighborhood in Dallas. Dh and I also gutted both bathrooms. Did I mention it was also our first big DIY project too?

I am a movato freak, so of course I saw it as soon as it went on the market last week. Thank god I downloaded pictures because it already sold.

The ONLY thing they didn't change were kitchens and bathrooms!!!

I would not do this kitchen again (so not my style now) and it is a GW nightmare as far as layout- but we and the next buyer sure loved it! We had different window treatments (black and white toile roman shades) and the trim was painted the same cream as the cabinets.

We were considered such rebels. See that bar counter on columns- dh and I built that and screwed it to the floor. People thought we were crazy. Same with using a buffet as a vanity in the bathroom. Crazy! And when I say gut job- this house was on a pier and beam foundation. We gutted it to where you opened the bathroom door and fell two feet to the dirt below. Our first DIY project ever!

Come to think of it- we were a little crazy.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022