Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom24princesses

Need Feedback

mom24princesses
11 years ago

We are doing a complete kitchen remodel and I feel extremely overwhelmed! We have made some decisions but I'm having a hard time visualizing if our choices are going to come together nicely. There are some choices still to be made that I keep going back and forth on and was hoping to get some feedback. We have an open floor plan and our kitchen opens up into the living room. We are replacing the entire first floor with a black walnut porcelain floor tile. We have a corner fireplace that is sort of a focal point and my husband has picked Golden Sand Mini Stack Stone to go up the wall. For the kitchen I know I want white cabinets with some glass inserts. I'm still in the process of trying to decide the right white paint to use. We do get a lot of natural light due to the whole back of the house basically being all windows. I want a warmer white and am drawn to the color "white dove" by BM. We picked a white subway tile in classic white and I'm concerned the colors may be "off". In some lights they look like a close match and in others they are a tad off. White Dove is definitely warmer next to the tile. I know I might not get a perfect match but my question is would it look okay if the back splash is more white than the cabinets or should the cabinets be lighter than the tile? I think I like the White Dove because of the grey it has in it.. the granite we choose has a lot of grey/white/taupe in it. It's called "snowflakes" I will post a picture below. I just don't want the cabinets and counter to look dingy next to the white subway. I've tried cream subways but I don't think they look good next to the grey and white in the granite. I was thinking maybe do a grey grout to tie in the grey but don't want it to look like my grout is just dirty.

Another choice I need help with is picking out a stain or paint color for the island. I like the look of the island being a different stain/color than the perimeter cabinets but can't decide if the island should be stained darker or lighter than the dark black walnut floor. Or since I have so much dark wood furniture already should I just paint the island? Grey or something else to sort of break up the monotony of brown furniture throughout the house?

Also, I'm looking at getting a new dining set as well and have sort of had my eye on those chunky planked top rustic looking tables with the side bench possibly. However, I'm not sure if this would go with the kitchen? It can either look terribly out of place or it can sort of balance out the lightness of the kitchen I'm thinking? I don't want anything too formal. We are a family of six and we are far from formal people. Okay, I know that was a lot but if anyone has any feedback I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. That is if you made it this far ;)

http://www.lowes.com/pd_397692-1813-1095206_0_
http://www.emser.com/index.php?id1=collectionDetails&productID=1622&name=SLATE__QUARTZITE_&_SANDSTONE_MINI_STACKED=&id0=natural_stone&index=190
http://emser.com/index.php?name=CLASSICA%28TM%29&id0=wall_counter&id1=collectionDetailsIntro&index=98

Comments (4)