Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ajard

Cup Pulls with or without exposed screws.. pros and cons??

ajard
14 years ago

I am trying to decide on my hardware. I am having a white kitchen with slab drawers. I cant decide between the restoration 4 inch pull that has the exposed screws in polished nickel or the schaub polished nickel cup pull that has no exposed pulls. Any thoughts on the pros and cons , or it is 100% visual and I just have to make a decision. I am also planning on using restoration hardware bistro knobs on cabinets and on 4 particular cabinets the latches

Comments (6)

• bostonpam
    14 years ago

From my research the exposed screws are more historically accurate. If you're not going for that then it's what ever you like. I used the Gilmore pulls like a few others did on GW (I didn't like them in the pics but liked them much better in person on my cabinets) and the Audbrey knobs in ORB. A liked the fact I could get different sizes - 4" for 18" drawers and 6" for the 24+" drawers. Most of my drawers are around 30". I also centered the pulls on the screws. The actually pulls would be a bit higher but from a distance though they looked centered. A trick I picked up while researching pulls.

• sherwhy
    14 years ago

I'm thinking of going with the pulls also and wondered which one I would choose. Exposed screws or non exposed? Hmmmm, I like the cleaner look so I'm leaning towards the non exposed. I've only found 3" pulls so far. They seem small and uncomfortable to use. I'll have to research Gilmore. I am considering Amerock -Highland.

• ajard
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sherwhy-The pulls at RH come in various sizes, unlike companies such as top knobs and schaub

Oh.. what to do...cant decide! and other then backsplash... this is my final choice..( hopefully) Cabs are due to ship to me week of April 19th

• ajard
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Anyone know of a more rounded cup pull that is with screws and about 4 inches like the Restoration hardware Gilmore Pull. what do you all think of the Bistro knob from RH. I see that none of the other cabinet hardware companies have not similar version to the short stubby bistro knob. Will it match any cup pull style?

• jsweenc
    14 years ago

ajard,

Amerock has one, the Pull Essential'Z BP9365-G10. It is near the end of the 45 cup pulls on the Amerock site. I also considered BP1592-G10. It's different and interesting but not screamingly so. See the link below.

Sherwhy, you said not exposed but the Highland has exposed, unless I looked at the wrong thing. I love the look of those though, and considered those as well. It looks like you like the squared look better if the Gilmore and Highland are your top two, but FYI this is what we ended up with:

Amerock BP4235-G9

I love them and functionally they are not insubstantial at all. They don't look that way either. I am not using my cab;nets yet because we don't have counters, but I have pulled the drawers open repeatedly and the pulls are great.

Amerock BP76270-G9 is the knob we used for cab;net doors.

BP1593-G10 I had to use this finger pull somewhere, so I have two on each of my second island's drawers where we will keep good china and silver.

BP874-G9 This is the pull that was supposed to go on the tall pantry but for whatever reason the cab;net maker got BP55346-G10 instead. I didn't even notice it until just now, so I guess I like it just as much!

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock cup pulls

• sherwhy
    14 years ago

I checked out the RH Gilmore cup pulls and they are nice. Especially because you can get them in several sizes.

Jsweenc, You are right, the Amerock "Highland Ridge" does have exposed screws. I must have been thinking of the handle. I also like the backplate and the round Knob. I doubt hubby would go for it, too much bling! lol He does like the latch. We would only need one of those for the medicine cabinet in the MBath.