Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrueter_gw

help me pick the hardware, please

jrueter
14 years ago

I love the look of bin pulls, but the drawer fronts I picked won't work, except on the deep drawers. I know a lot of people have mixed various handles, knobs, pulls, specialty hardware with great success, but I am not sure if it will work on a single set of drawers. So I ordered enough for both options, but still not sure...

or

Either way I decide on these drawers, I will probably use pulls on the pullouts.

Thanks to everyone for all the ideas and help!

J

Comments (13)

• sheila99
    14 years ago

I love the first option, it has visual interest and makes the cabinetry look more specialized, more designer. I don't know what the rest of you cabinetry layout is, but it would be good to be consistent.

• kristine_2009
    14 years ago

I just had the same problem and looked and looked to find pics of handles and cup pulls mixed in a drawer stack. I finally found a few and decided to go for it. My hardware is being installed tomorrow. I am doing the handles on my shallow drawers and bin pulls on the deep ones. I think it will look fine. Someone showed me Segbrown's kitchen. There is a lot of mixed hardware in it and looks great! Here is one of the pics of it.

• jrueter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sheila99,
    Thanks for the support. I loved it too, but when I mentioned it to my GC he looked at me like I'd grown a second head, so I started second guessing...

Still working on pics, but here is the album, in progress...

Here is a link that might be useful: in progress kitchen

• plllog
    14 years ago

I think the bin pull makes sense of the different sized drawer. It looks good!! It looks fine without it, but it looks good.

• theresse
    14 years ago

I like it much better w/ the bin pulls on the big drawers - in 1st pic. It looks great!

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

Doesn't it just make you nuts when GC's or anyone else looks at you like your nuts cause they are accustom to do things one way? I think the first pic looks great. Trust yourself and get what you love.

• jsweenc
    14 years ago

I agree that the bin pull goes well. Since that drawer is larger, it really needs something different. I love segbrown's k;tchen and use it as an example for many different aspects, to show how you can have something different and still have an overall traditional effect.

OT, what is your granite and is it honed or polished? It's beautiful!

• jrueter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The granite is marron cohiba with a leather finish. I can't wait to see it go in on Monday!!! It was a goldilocks moment when I found it at the slab yard. This one is too busy, this one is too plain, this one is JUST RIGHT!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! DH says - "there are really people out there who will give you advice?" if he only knew LOL!

• jmc2009
    14 years ago

I like the bin pulls on the larger drawers. The combination of the two styles looks great!

• fleur222
    14 years ago

I love the combo too. More interesting and like the other's said, works for the size of the drawer. Go for it!

• rcbny
    14 years ago

Guess I'm the lone dissenter here, but I prefer the all-handles option. (To be honest, I'm still in the selecting-hardware mode myself; but your visuals just helped me make up my own mind.) Good luck with your final decision, and thanks for helping me arrive at my own.

• jsweenc
    14 years ago

Thanks for the granite name!

Looking at it again, I still think the bin pull, but maybe one that is just slightly wider than the handle pulls.

• jsweenc
    14 years ago

jrueter, would you mind e-mailing me from my page? I have a couple of questions about your granite. Thanks!