Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clubtrump

Soapstone installed and oiled

clubtrump
12 years ago

Everything went beautifully. Another happy Bucks County customer. I'm not ready for a final reveal, we need trim, backsplash (please ignore stainless behind stove, it's temporary)chairs,and more, but I'll share a quick peek tonight.

I hope I'm adding this pic correctly.

AnnaA, your quartz looks beautiful! We have two very happy gw's tonight with smiles from ear to ear. Cheers!

Here is a link that might be useful: quick peek

Comments (27)

• andi_k
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

It looks gorgeous! Did you do the franklin edge?

• mamadadapaige
    12 years ago

I saw a gorgeous soap stone countertop by Bucks County at the AD show this past weekend. It had a beautiful integrated sink.

Your counters and kitchen look fantastic.

posting the pic to make it a little easier for people to ogle your countertops!

• AnnaA
    12 years ago

Oh my... Your soapstone is beautiful! And I love the shape of your kitchen. It looks like everything is almost done.

Yes, we all have reason to celebrate tonight! :) I'm glad all went well for you today. Getting this piece done feels like a big stress reliever!

• jscout
    12 years ago

Beautiful!

• clubtrump
    Original Author
    12 years ago

mamadadapaige ty for posting that, Im still learning. Bucks County are hands down fabulous. Professionals at every level and masters of their trade.
    AndiK. yes, the Franklin edge. Had to, dh walked into that showroom and went woooow! It was all over, he was putty in my hands...lol
    I hope Im attaching another pic, this one shows the clean up sink. I've had this in use for a couple of months, I adore it. Its so big I could wash my dog in it!
    And Anna, due to a lil cabinet situation, which, wait I need a glass of wine just thinking about it, ok I'll get into that another time, no downers today, but I have been living with plastic tablecloth covered plywood counters since Thanksgiving! My stress level is about 0 right now.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/clubtrump/Snapbucket/955EC5BA.jpg

• clubtrump
    Original Author
    12 years ago
  • clubtrump
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I give up, time for bed!

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

That's a beautiful kitchen. Your windows are incredible. What beauty you look out on, and in on!
    Renee

• kaijutokusatsu
    12 years ago

Congratulations! Love the nice big island and that sink is lovely! I like the curve at the top of the apron. What is your floor? It all goes together so well!

• BalTra
    12 years ago

LOVE IT!

What is the edge you used for the soapstone?

So soft! Any up-close photos of the edge?

While I love being an urbanite, I'm with hosenemis - how to decide where to look! Stunning views all around.

• bellajourney
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!! Enjoy them! :) (Love your windows too!)

• thirdkitchenremodel
    12 years ago

Oooooo.... If I wasn't sold on soapstone before I am now! Is your main sink also soapstone? What is the faucet there? And what's on your floor? Details please. :)

• ILoveRed
    12 years ago

Love it. I've never felt soapstone. Looks like it feels luscious.

• Staceydux
    12 years ago

I absolutely love your kitchen. I could hang out there all day. I really is stunning. Congratulations.

• jscout
    12 years ago

Love it. I've never felt soapstone. Looks like it feels luscious.

You gotta feel it some time. It feels every bit as luscious as it looks.

• Jumpilotmdm
    12 years ago

Will that soapstone look like that in a few days? my experience says that it will soak up the recent oiling and change appearance, just so you know.
    Either way, a very nice kitchen.

• lisa_a
    12 years ago

Wow, I'm having serious soapstone and kitchen envy! Can't wait to see more of your kitchen.

• tulip6
    12 years ago

Stunning!! We are going with Bucks County and will pick out our slabs in about a month. Good to know of your positive experience. What sink did you go with? It looks like 33" but is it block or built and what kind of front is on it? We are going with a 30" sink but are still not sure exactly what kind. Thanks!

• ILoveRed
    12 years ago

Can you get that in central Illinois?

• hlove
    12 years ago

The soapstone looks so beautiful! So does the rest of the kitchen!

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Oohs and aaahhhs! Love it and love your expansive windows!

• clubtrump
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, Evil Migraine decided to pounce on my head yesterday. At least the double vision is gone today, yeah!
    Thank you all for your lovely comments, We broke ground on this kitchen in November of 2010, so it's is great to finally see things come together. Not having to wash dishes on my deck is pretty special too!
    kaijutokusatus, I love that island. It's incredible the number of people that can be cooking in this kitchen at the same time. And that was with only one sink. I can't wait to get the island faucet installed.It's just sitting there looking pretty right now.
    For everyone asking about the soapstone and the edges, yes they are luscious. So soft and warm, just beautiful. The edge is a technique only Bucks County does, as with all specialty edges there is an upcharge, for me it was worth it, it truly was the final piece to my vision. You probably can't tell, but there are dish drainboards by each of the sinks. So smooth, like water was wearing them down for thousands of years.

thirdkitchenremodel and tulip6, Yes, the main sink is also soapstone. I love that beast. It is carved from one 33" block of stone. The front bows out and is also scooped down just a bit. I was worried about it being to deep, back pains and all, but it has worked out wonderfully. I thank Scott from BCS for talking me into keeping the 10" depth. I always thought GW's were a bit weird when they said they could hide their dirty dishes in the deep sinks.... I bow down, I get it.
    The prep sink, above, is a tongue and groove built 5 pice sink. It's 24" but only 5" deep, I wanted it very shallow.
    tulip6, have fun at Bucks showroom, I was like a little kid. You will not be disappointed with using them. Professional, warm, and competitive in their pricing.
    Both faucets are by Rohl, from the Country collection. They look beautiful, feel heavy and well made, as for function, honestly the main sink was hooked up last night while I crawled under the pillows, lol, I haven't really used it yet, I'll keep ya posted.
    Jumpilotmdm, thanks for the compliment. I'm confused though, do you have soapstone? There are pros and cons to all stones, I chose soapstone for the look and warmth and softness. I do not have to oil it, I choose to. In it's natural state it is a beautiful grey. The stone does not absorb the oil, but I will need to oil it more often in the beginning to achieve this look. Over time however it will turn dark on its own. My large sink for example, I've only oiled 3 times since November. To each is own, I've seen gorgeous granite both here and in the stone yards that I swoon over, but I wouldn't have wanted any of them in my kitchen. It's a personal choice.
    red lover, where in Illinois are you? I travel to Pana every year for our family reunion, we celebrated our 60th consecutive last year, complete with pot luck dinner and water balloon fights!
    I will post a final when it finally gets finished, with info and pix. We still need to finish up some of the cabinetry on the other side of the kitchen, the pantry needs to be finished, trim work all around, chairs, it's endless but so much fun! ;-D

• ILoveRed
    12 years ago

Mamma dukes. We own a business there! It is a fabulous town. I'm in Pana all the time, and Shelbyville. Love all of the old, huge houses. Such a small world. Did you know Warren Buffets son lives there, lol?

• clubtrump
    Original Author
    12 years ago

yes he's been buying up acres and acres of the farmland there.. We have 100 acres in the family, such rich soil there, black gold they call it, I wish I could bring a couple of truck loads back with me! You own a business in Pana? Which one, when "the Mart" went in most of downtown closed up shop sadly.

• prill
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is just beautiful. Love the shape of the kitchen and the shape of the island.
    The soapstone and your sink are fabulous. Glad you posted
    that close up of the sink. Hope you have many happy years there.
    Can't wait to see more!

• ILoveRed
    12 years ago

Mama-would rather not name it here but do you know where they just tore down the gorgeous old church down the street from McD's and put in a monster franchise drug store in it's place.

Ours is the place right next to it, with a street between.

So you can see if I don't know if soapstone is available anywhere around here? But, plenty of Amish cabinetmakers.

• MDBmom
    12 years ago

Your kitchen looks wonderful! Amazing job!! We used BCSS also and were and are still thrilled with the service and product. I too cannot sing their praises enough:o). Scott and the crew are amazing. I have had my soapstone from them for a year now and was just up there last week getting another bottle of oil and wax from Scott! Enjoy!!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!