Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harlequin backsplash tile sources needed please!

Posted by jterrilynn (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 2, 10 at 22:51

Hi all, Im planning a transitional kitchen but still really like the idea of a true harlequin backsplash tile (not a turned square) that I can get in a few pastel and or mid tone shades to mix. Dont want glass and dont want tumbled stone. I have not had a whole lot of luck with online searches, anyone have any sources?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harlequin backsplash tile sources needed please!

Try Ann Sacks- here's the link in all sorts of great colors!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ann Sacks Tile

o

I agree with Ann Sacks. They have some great and unique diamond/harlequin tiles. Some are simple, some quite detailed. Great stuff.

o

You might also look at American Olean's Costa Rei collection, they have some nice porcelin harlequin patterns.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Olean Costa Rei

o

Daltile has them--I believe in the Rittenhouse Collection. If you get a high price on them, don't settle--keep looking. I finally found them for about $11 sq/ft. Some places were up at $19.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daltile Rittenhouse

o
Thank you and do you have pictures?

Thank you all! beekeeper, I did not see your kitchen in the finished kitchen blog. I would love to see everyones harlequin backsplash.

o

I'm not in there yet. My backsplash (the one I won) is enroute as we type! Woo hoo. I didn't do a harlequin tile, I had thought about using harlequins in the area above the range at one point, therefore my knowledge of daltile's harlequins!

o

Both Sonoma Tile and Pratt and Larson Tile make that harlequin shape. My guess is that they are cheaper than Ann Sacks and more expensive than Daltile, but I don't know for sure.

o

Hi,
I have harlequin tiles in my backsplah (sorry for the blurry picture). They are sonoma tilemakers. I have a mix of crushed glass, stone and metal. If you visit their website you can see all their display boards or even design your own blend. Hope it helps :)
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Sonoma tilemakers

o

hogar, "mix of crushed glass, stone and metal" Love it!
Thank you for the link!!!

o

Hogar,
I'm considering a Sonoma blend like yours -- what tile did you use for the field? And I really like the rope detail too -- is that Sonoma? And how big is the insert of the blend? 24" x 24"? THanks!

o

The Emser Classica line has harlequin tiles, but I believe they only come in cream or white. I've seen photos of white and cream alternating, which are kinda neat.

We are using the Classica subways and some of their other tiles in our home. They are very nicely priced and they have a little bit of imperfect lines to give it more of a handmade look.

o

Jeffrey Court and Arizona Tile also have harlequin shapes in some lines.

o

Thanks everyone!

o

Hi,

Probably too late, but I also fell in love with harlequins, but nearly passed out at the cost of the AO/Daltile options. I found some at TileShop, which is local to me.

Before the kitchen was finished ...

Not quite moved in ...

Here is a link that might be useful: TileShop

o

flatcoat - Love the colors of your tile. Thanks for the link. I'm in backsplash mode now. Trying to decide between subway, turned square or harlequin.

o

Very pretty flatcoat!

o

I'm looking for Harlequin tiles like seen in this photo. Has anyone seen anything similar somewhere?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cynthia Bailey Kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here