Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amberley_gw

Shaw sink owners, what flange and garbage disposal do you have?

amberley
14 years ago

Long story short- it seems like my 1 HP Waste King 3-bolt batch feed may not work with the Rohl extended flange I purchased. If you have a Shaw sink, which flange and garbage disposal did you choose?

I definitely want a batch feed, and I would prefer 1 HP, but I would settle for 3/4 if I had to. Any suggestions?

Comments (16)

• altagirl
    14 years ago

Sorry, I have a 3/4 HP Insinkerator continuous feed with the Rohl extended flange and an air switch. Did you check the Rohl website to see if you can have a batch feed disposal with the extended flange? It seems like the disposal is too far down to get the cover in to lock in place.

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

altagirl- forgive me if I am being dense, but I am not following you. What do you mean by the disposal being too far down?

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bump -hoping more people see this :)

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bump

• niffy
    14 years ago

I have the insinkerator cover control evolution with an extended flange. Unfortunately, the extended flange Fergusons sold me (some other brand that I ASKED them to double check would work with the batch feed!) doesn't work with the cover control, so we await the correct Insinkerator version! Meanwhile, we can touch the magnetic top to a part under the sink, at the disposal, to get it to work.... The Insinkerator manual does come with instructions about which parts are necessary to use with fireclay and extra thick sinks. Amazingly quiet disposal!!

• mythreesonsnc
    14 years ago

Amberley,

Sorry I can't offer guidance --- but I have the same specs planned (3/4 or 1 hp wasteking batch feed with a Shaw's sink). I haven't placed any orders yet, but would love to learn the correct set-up as well before ordering! Thanks for posting!

• altagirl
    14 years ago

amberley - Sorry I didn't check in again yesterday so didn't see your question. I guess I was thinking that with a batch feed disposal the cover has to come into contact with the disposal and lock in place to turn on. My disposal is pretty low from the bottom of the sink with the extended flange. I probably don't really know what I'm talking so I hope I didn't make matters more confusing for you.

Good luck with resolving this!
    Maria

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bump -hoping more Shaw owners see this!

• donho
    14 years ago

I have a 30in Shaw's sink and the InSinkErator Evolution Cover ControlT. I bought the chrome extended flange from Insinkerator. No issues with installation.

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

donho- THANK YOU. So at least I know that I can install a batch feed with a Shaw sink. You said you have a chrome extended flange from ISE? I can't find one made buy them in chrome. I have the Rohl flange in chrome, which should fit an ISE, which is what it looks like I am going to have to get.

How do you like this disposer itself? How long have you had it?

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bump.

Does ANYONE out there have a Waste King batch feed with a Shaw's and Rohl extended flange???

• donho
    14 years ago

amberley -

the insinkerator is very quiet, so much quieter than my last unit which was not all that old. i've been using a couple of weeks only, but i like it so far.

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

donho- do you have a CHROME extended flange from ISE? I could not find a chrome one. Where did you get it?

Thanks!

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HELP!! This stupid thing still won't work!! Where can I get a chrome ISE extended flange??

• Andy_B
    10 years ago

In order to use a Waste King disposal with a Rohl Shaw's sink (or any sink thicker than 3/4" for that matter) you will need to use an ISE flange and an adapter. I just installed mine after trying many different flanges, and finally found this solution:

Parts you will need:

1. Extended ISE compatible flange (part #FLG-SSLG)
    2. Waste King 3-Bolt Mount Adapter (part #3101)
    3. ISE Quick Lock Mounting Flange (part #QLM-00)
    4. ISE body flange (part #5298)
    5. EZ-Mount Waste King disposal (I used the Waste King L-8000)

I ordered all of these parts on amazon.

Installation:
    1. install the ISE Quick Lock Mounting Flange per the package instructions, except substitute the ISE extended flange.

2. Next assemble the adapter portion -- in order from top to bottom: splash guard (from 3-bolt adapter kit), ISE body flange, adapter (from 3-bolt adapter kit), mount ring (included with disposal). I found it helped to smear a small amount of dish soap between the splash guard and mount ring or else there was too much friction between the two. Press this whole assembly onto the flange installed in step 1 and twist the mount ring to lock into place.

3. Garbage disposal will now twist into place on the mount ring.

See my assembled disposal below: