Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pull-out drawer in base cabinet

Posted by sail-away (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 22:42

We're getting new granite countertops shortly (on our original cabinets), and while I have the base cabinets and drawers emptied, I'd like to do something I've wanted to do for several years---get pull out wooden drawers for the two shelves in a 24-inch base cabinet. Any recommendations where I might buy these or what type I should get?

While I'm at it, is there anything else I should be sure to do before templating and/or installation of the granite? Or anything I should be sure to ask or tell the fabricators when they template the counters?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pull-out drawer in base cabinet

Shelf Genie is one name for converting lower cabs to pull outs or roll outs (rots) drawers. Google that and branch out from there. hth

o

Ikea has them too...

o

Good morning Sail-Away,

The website below sells them in various widths/heights.

Also, in the lower left panel of the website there are several "Need to know" links that you may find provides some helpful information for your planning.

HTH,
tmy

Here is a link that might be useful: Slide Out Shelves website

o

I'm not sure if you have anything in your dead corner. Mine was to small for lazy Suzan. I bought two mesh shelves and put them side by side, on bottom of one I put a spinner, and attached it to bottom of cabinet. On top I put mesh basket, did not attach and made sure I could turn it. In basket is my good processor, George Forman etc. on spinner is electric knife, chopper emerser,DH's grater too. On the other shelf I have a basket on top which is where I keep warranties and manuals,bottom shelf is empty,because to hard to reach. With the addition of pullout drawers in all lower cabinets I also made dummy drawer under sink a pullout for sponges,and made real drawer under cook top. For same kitchen cabinets I have a lot more room and am able to organize better. Enjoy your new kitchen.

o

Thank you, everyone, for the suggestions and links. I THINK the one tmy sent is what I'm looking for, but I'm checking them all out.

Ilene, Thanks for the suggestion for the corner cabinet. I had a blind corner cabinet in an earlier home, many years ago, where that would have been helpful. However, my one corner cabinet does have a built in, very sturdy lazy-susan type organizer, which I love. I just overlooked this one base cabinet that has never functioned properly, so I want to finally address it.

o

Here are a couple more along the lines of what tmy posted.

Shelves that slide - we ordered from them and liked what we got
http://www.shelvesthatslide.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=STS&Category_Code=SS

Slide out Shelves, via Costco
http://www.costco.com/Made-to-Fit-Slide-out-Shelves-For-Existing-Cabinets-By-Slide-A-Shelf%09.product.11262818.html#

Hope those are helpful - happy shopping!

Here is a link that might be useful: shelves that slide

o

Yes, it is helpful, Karin. I especially appreciate recommendations to someplace you've had dealings with. i'll check them out for sure. Thanks so much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here