Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rufinorox

Faucet installed today .. love it - hate it !

rufinorox
14 years ago

So finally I have running water back in our kitchen. We installed our lady lux faucet today. I love it and I hate it for a few reasons. Love it ... the look is beautiful, the level control for the water from hot to medium warm cold is smooth, the pull down spray has a nice stream/spray. The hold on the spray doens't bother me as much as I thought it would. Hate ... not sure if its the facuet or the sink. The water does not fall in the center of the drain, I guess maybe the spout should have been longer? which maybe be is the reason why waters splashes along side the sink. Here are a few pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (27)

• shannonplus2
    14 years ago

Rufinorox, your faucet is very pretty, and Grohe is a very good manufacturer. However, it is a pull-down style. Pull-down faucets will be closer to the rear of the sink, while a pull-out faucet reaches farther out into the sink. That is what you are noticing; that the water is falling closer to the rear of the sink. There may be some pull-down faucets that have a reach that is more towards the center, but what you have is typical. I do not think it harms your sink/faucet utility in any way. You will not notice it after a while.

I have said many times on this forum, that it really pays to do cardboard cutouts of the faucets you are deciding among as well as a cardboard cutout of your sink (it it's not yet installed), with the drain location cutout too. That way, you can determine if the faucet is the right dimension for your sink.

• weedmeister
    14 years ago

Actually, what bothers me is that the flow is not straight down. Rather, it points towards the rear. My PF doesn't do that.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

shannonplus2 - thanks. It really is a pretty faucet. I really never thought of a cut out or realized the pull out versus the pull down would make a difference. I guess I'll have to live with it, its not the worst thing, I can get use to it.

There were so many faucets to choose out there, but I really love the look of the Grohe.

• User
    14 years ago

So I can't help but ask, really... who cares where the water falls? Ok, so maybe this is rude of me to say this but it just seems so ridiculous. The most important issue is you have a faucet that you chose and like, it looks beautiful in the kitchen you've put it in, and it functions the way it was intended to. At what point do we stop complaining and just enjoy what we have?

• davidro1
    14 years ago

true, but without demanding standards, we would all be sleeping in hammocks hung over a floor drain.

Know this too: on the manufacturer's web site is a PDF document for each faucet, and it shows the angle.

So I think the OP can get Grohe to cough up a replacement. Or a totally different model. There is no faucet whose jet points backwards. This one cannot be "the exception that proves the rule" or else they would have said so in the marketing literature.

hth

• shannonplus2
    14 years ago

I may be wrong, but in the OP's photos, the photo #22 looks like the sprayer is not placed fully into its holder; maybe just an eighth inch dangling. If the OP pushes the sprayer all the way in, I think the water won't look like it's pointing backwards.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lukkiirish - I agree totally that it looks beautiful and it functions well. Thank you! I do love it, but I figured I'd post and question whether it was the faucet, the sink or the granite installers that may have placed the hole wrong. There are alot of ridicilous posts on here, but we do need to vent once in a while and there is no way I would tell my DH, he too would think I was ridicilous as well.

davidro1 - honestly, I wasn't thinking this would be an issue at all. Thanks for the info ... I guess if I would have seen a post here on GW on the same issue I would have known to look at the website for an angle view.

Regardless ... I do love this faucet its beautiful and functions well!

• shannonplus2
    14 years ago

I may be wrong, but in the OP's photos, the photo #22 looks like the sprayer is not placed fully into its holder; maybe just an eighth inch or less dangling. If the OP pushes the sprayer all the way in, I think the water won't look like it's pointing backwards.

• poppy09
    14 years ago

Clearly the OP cares where the water falls. Where the water falls is part of the way the item functions/doesn't function. Too bad we can't see all of the sinks, faucets, countertop colors, etc. etc. in action before we buy, because all of the pieces to finishing the puzzle aren't free.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

shannonplus 2- here's a better view of the faucet with the handle pushed in all the way.

poppy09 - I agree this is my point!

http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad40/rufinorox/kitchen%20choices/?action=view&current=010-2.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

• weedmeister
    14 years ago

The amount you care will be directly proportional to how much spray hits you in the waist when you turn it on.

• poppy09
    14 years ago

rufinorox- FWIW, from your photos, I would also be concerned about where the water is falling. Your sink appears to be able to handle a larger faucet arc, so the water would fall closer to the middle of the sink, rather than the back of the sink. I don't know what your faucet cost, but is changing it out for a new one an option? We have had issues with a pull down faucet we purchased last summer (a Delta) and I'm shopping to replace it. I don't like that I have to replace this faucet, but I'm going to because it's going to make both my DH and I happy. :)

• janwad
    14 years ago

I would really dislike that configuration. There isn't, for example, room to put a colander full of noodles under it and rinse the whole surface without draining all over the back counter.

• gbsim1
    14 years ago

I am reluctant to be negative, but I'd be unhappy too. It looks like everytime you need to wash your hands, rinse a spoon etc, you would be bumping the back wall of the sink. Sort of defeats the point of having such a big spacious sink. Sorry!

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

poppy09 - I spent alot of money on this faucet and unfortunately I purchased it online and I would have to pay a restocking fee, besides it took hours for my DH and contractor to install (its not the easiest) and they would kill me if I brought it to there attention.

gbsim- I was expecting negative comments, and wish I had realized this before it was installed, but I can live with it for now. It may look like I would hit the back of the sink, but that's not the case. Also, as I mentioned the pull down comes out far enough if I had to use it instead of the stream.
    I know to some this may be ridicilious, and it may very well be. It does function well and if I use the spray to to place a strainer under it, it reaches.

I guess one of the thing that go wrong in a kitchen demo that can be replaced later down the road.

Thanks for the feedback.

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

rufinorox,
    I totally understand how you feel. My Danze Opulence does the same thing. I used to have a Delta Brizo (?) and it had the same dimensions as my Danze, but on the Danze the water is angled straight down, whereas the old Delta aimed more outward. Since I have never heard of anyone having your problem with the Grohe, is it possible that you might have a "prep sink" sized faucet? They seem to have the water flow more "tightly".

Here is a picture of my Danze, just so you know you are not alone...good news--muscle memory has finally kicked in and I have adjusted to mine. Hopefully you will find the same thing.
    {{!gwi}}

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

beekeeperswife - thanks for the positive post. IIknow its not a prep sink, the size is different and mine is taller than the prep. Mine does stream down straight, and I'm sure muscle memory will kick it for me too.

• poppy09
    14 years ago

Well, if nothing else, you know you aren't crazy or ridiculous for wondering about where the water falls. :) I showed my DH the photo and he agrees that the water flow isn't optimal in your sink, so you have at least one male who sees and understands your concern. I'm sure beekeeperswife is right--you will adjust to the change over time.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks to everyone! I have no choice but to deal right now ... as I mentioned the DH will flip if he has to replace the faucet after 4 hours of installation!

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

I love the faucet. The Ladylux is lovely.

I honestly never thought about angles, water directons,
    how water splashes, water pressure,....
    Wow so much to learn. I am going to look over my own
    faucet. I was so thrilled to have running water I never
    much thought about the splashing. You will get used to
    your faucet the way you are going to get use to the
    oven, refrig, cabs, floors... each item will have it's
    own personality.

Enjoy your new faucet.
    ~boxer

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

boxer - you are so right. I never thought I'd notice it either, but I guess I've been so obsessed with the faucet I wanted to make sure it was all right. I absolutely love the faucet, the faucet functions well! I figured out a way to make it work while I'm washing my dishes ... wait isn't that what my new dishwasher is for??!! lol ... thanks for making this seem like nothing.

• tarnator
    14 years ago

Well I love that faucet and am going to buy it too!
    But i am going to get a 60/40 double bowl sink with the drains to the back. I hope that solves the issue with the way it sprays. If it doesn't......c'est la vie. I like the faucet enough!

• weedmeister
    14 years ago

Measure the distance between the center of the drain and the faucet location. Match that with distance given on the install sheet (8.25"). You should have another inch to play with due to the diameter of the drain.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Tarnator - don't let this discourage you. The faucet is lovely! I suggest what weedmeister says and measure it. My granite guy said the holes are cut standard 2 1/2 " I guess if he had gone 1/2" shorter it would have fallen in the center, but who thinks of that?? ME?! Regardless, the faucet functions well and it is solid! Its a great piece I love.

• doraville
    14 years ago

I never thought about measuring where to put the faucet and ran to try my new faucet when I found this post. I discovered if the water pressure is low it hits the drain perfectly, but on full strength it hits beyond the hole, maybe the opposite problem you have. Interesting, but certainly not a deal breaker.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It could be a possibility it the water pressure, but I haven't let it bother it all, I'm actualy use to it now. I really love it!

• jackiee031
    14 years ago

If you are looking for an easy to install kitchen faucet checkout Homewerks new TOSCA 5 minute faucet. I am working with the brand and have used the product myself. It can be installed in just minutes by just about anyone. The faucet has a stylish Italian design and a high performance pull out sprayer. If you want more info just visit: http://www.5minutefaucet.com Hope this help! Jackie

Here is a link that might be useful: 5 minute faucet

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio