Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about depth placement of DW

Posted by kgolby (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 22:37

I have a Thermador Sapphire 24" DW that I'm reusing in my new kitchen. It didn't fit properly with my old cabinets so I'm kind of stumped now that it was put in place with the new base cabinets today. It wasn't attached so I think it can still be adjusted. My question is should the panel be aligned with the cabinets or is it the door? Right now it's the door that's aligned with the cabinets which means my new stainless panel will stick out a little bit from the cabinets. Installer said it will still be under the counters once the granite is installed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about depth placement of DW

I think for many models you can choose. We opted to have it flush with the cabinets--didn't like the effect of it sticking out. Check your manual to be sure, though!

o

My dirty Kenmore sticks out just slightly from the drawer fronts and sink base door cabs on either side. I would prefer if it were flush with the cab fronts.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Ok, my initial thought was correct that the panel looks better lined up rather than the door. I went to Houzz.com & saw images of both ways and prefer the panel lined up w/ cabinets. I'll have him make the adjustment on Monday. Thanks, guys for your responses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here