Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
technology in the kitchen

Posted by carsonheim (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 22:37

This just went to my "MUST HAVE" list for the kitchen!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: technology in the kitchen

I've seen this before and think it's totally cool!
I don't care about cooking shows, but I do love my Game of Thrones!

o

I don't care about a television (though if my dh were the family cook, that would be an essential!). But I do sometimes wish for a little radio--so old fashioned of me. But not often enough to have one cluttering my countertops. In a previous kitchen I had a I-pod compatible speaker docking device that was also a radio mounted under the upper cabinets in a corner. I may have to look around for something similar this go-around.

o

My Ipad says, Yes, Please. ~giggles~

Poor thing gets grumpy over splashed stuff and damp fingers dragged across it in the kitchen.

o

Yup, that is slick! I wonder if it folds up under the cabinets when not in use.

Ihave an electronic recipe box but still cook straight off an internet recipe sometimes. Great for that!

o

crl: "I-pod compatible speaker docking device that was also a radio mounted under the upper cabinets"
How 2004 of you! Get a mini bluetooths speaker. About the size of 2 decks of cards. No wires or docking required. Then stream Pandora or Itunes radio. Or you can stream most radio stations from their website if you prefer. Then just stick it in a drawer or cabinet when you're done.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bluetooth speaker

o

My iPad seems to be happy on the counter while I'm using it in the kitchen :)

o

Yeah, I'm thinking I should just use my iPad mini. It's usually in the kitchen anyway. I just don't ever think of using it to play the radio.

o

I always use my ipad for recipes. Just google whatever I feel like making, select a recipe and then display it. Right now I prop up the ipad on a little stand, but I think having a fold-away ipad holder will work much better!

o

Carson- who makes that stand. I tried a similar stand without success but my mini wants to try this one.
Also, as an avid bicyclist, we all use zip lock plastic bags for wallets and phones. I just plop my device into an appropriate zippy!

o

I'm not Carson, but I think I remember seeing that one, and it was made by LeGrange (at least I think so, not positive).

o

I think this is a great idea,, but would something like this interfere with under cab lights when it's tucked up under the cabinet?

o

So does this mean you will have a kitchen iPad and another iPad? I personally like that I can carry my iPad anywhere, or sit on the couch with it. If it was permanently affixed to the kitchen cabinet, I wouldn't like that at all. But I hardly think I can justify 2. I guess you can take it in and out of the case, but won't that get old?

o

a2gemini -- I have no idea. I came across it on houzz and decided I need one. We're still several months out before getting to that stage of our new house build. You could probably google it though :)

o

It is made by Belkin.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen iPad mount

o

This one looks PERFECT! Folds away after use. And it's cheap too!

EDIT: I just ordered it on amazon for 10 bucks with free shipping! Only works with iPad1 which is fine cuz that's what I have. Woo hooooo!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fold Away iPad Mount

This post was edited by carsonheim on Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 10:32

o

This popped up when I was looking for a PT holder. It gave me a chuckle!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here