Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carsonheim_gw

technology in the kitchen

carsonheim
10 years ago

This just went to my "MUST HAVE" list for the kitchen!

[Kitchen Cabinets[(https://www.houzz.com/products/kitchen-cabinetry-prbr0-br~t_437)

Comments (16)

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

I've seen this before and think it's totally cool!
    I don't care about cooking shows, but I do love my Game of Thrones!

• crl_
    10 years ago

I don't care about a television (though if my dh were the family cook, that would be an essential!). But I do sometimes wish for a little radio--so old fashioned of me. But not often enough to have one cluttering my countertops. In a previous kitchen I had a I-pod compatible speaker docking device that was also a radio mounted under the upper cabinets in a corner. I may have to look around for something similar this go-around.

• Terri_PacNW
    10 years ago

My Ipad says, Yes, Please. ~giggles~

Poor thing gets grumpy over splashed stuff and damp fingers dragged across it in the kitchen.

• greenhaven
    10 years ago

Yup, that is slick! I wonder if it folds up under the cabinets when not in use.

Ihave an electronic recipe box but still cook straight off an internet recipe sometimes. Great for that!

• Evan
    10 years ago

crl: "I-pod compatible speaker docking device that was also a radio mounted under the upper cabinets"
    How 2004 of you! Get a mini bluetooths speaker. About the size of 2 decks of cards. No wires or docking required. Then stream Pandora or Itunes radio. Or you can stream most radio stations from their website if you prefer. Then just stick it in a drawer or cabinet when you're done.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bluetooth speaker

• Errant_gw
    10 years ago

My iPad seems to be happy on the counter while I'm using it in the kitchen :)

• crl_
    10 years ago

Yeah, I'm thinking I should just use my iPad mini. It's usually in the kitchen anyway. I just don't ever think of using it to play the radio.

• carsonheim
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I always use my ipad for recipes. Just google whatever I feel like making, select a recipe and then display it. Right now I prop up the ipad on a little stand, but I think having a fold-away ipad holder will work much better!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Carson- who makes that stand. I tried a similar stand without success but my mini wants to try this one.
    Also, as an avid bicyclist, we all use zip lock plastic bags for wallets and phones. I just plop my device into an appropriate zippy!

• smiling
    10 years ago

I'm not Carson, but I think I remember seeing that one, and it was made by LeGrange (at least I think so, not positive).

• flwrs_n_co
    10 years ago

I think this is a great idea,, but would something like this interfere with under cab lights when it's tucked up under the cabinet?

• Evan
    10 years ago

So does this mean you will have a kitchen iPad and another iPad? I personally like that I can carry my iPad anywhere, or sit on the couch with it. If it was permanently affixed to the kitchen cabinet, I wouldn't like that at all. But I hardly think I can justify 2. I guess you can take it in and out of the case, but won't that get old?

• carsonheim
    Original Author
    10 years ago

a2gemini -- I have no idea. I came across it on houzz and decided I need one. We're still several months out before getting to that stage of our new house build. You could probably google it though :)

• fishymom
    10 years ago

It is made by Belkin.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen iPad mount

• carsonheim
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This one looks PERFECT! Folds away after use. And it's cheap too!

EDIT: I just ordered it on amazon for 10 bucks with free shipping! Only works with iPad1 which is fine cuz that's what I have. Woo hooooo!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fold Away iPad Mount

This post was edited by carsonheim on Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 10:32

• Errant_gw
    10 years ago

This popped up when I was looking for a PT holder. It gave me a chuckle!