Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prep Sink for Odd Angle Island Corner

Posted by rustlerski (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 22:34

I've learned a lot on these boards throughout the initial design work on my kitchen remodel. We are now about ready to finalize cabinet design and have picked the location of the island prep sink. This will be in a corner of the island where the two sides come together at a roughly 110 degree angle. The reason for this is that each side parallels the exterior walls (which also come together at the 110 degree angle).

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best shape sink to put in this non-standard corner?

Thanks for any input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prep Sink for Odd Angle Island Corner

Well round will fit any angle. But we learned from others that it's best to have room on both sides of the prep sink. We moved ours over from the edge and do make use of the space frequently on both sides of the sink. Keep in mind that when you're using the sink, you're either putting something in it or taking something out that has to come from somewhere or go somewhere, so you do need counter surface around it. So do give that some consideration.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here