Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeff2013_gw

Final Kitchen Layout

jeff2013
10 years ago

I am back with the 'final' kithcen layout for review.
I was gone for quite some time to work on the construction estimation, specfications,
and contractor selection.
This is basically the same plan the last time I got with a lot of inputs here.

I had included a 3D veiw and a list of base, wall, and island cabinets. The ceiling height is 9ft and wall cabinet is at 42". I am thinking eithter maple or ash wood.

For your reference, I have a post on the build a home

forum including the floor plans for the whole house and elevations Almost Final Plans

Thanks for your comments!

JFL

This post was edited by jeff2013 on Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 23:04

Comments (6)

• canuckplayer
    10 years ago

Could you move the DR doorway that's right of the pantry to the very end of the fridge wall and move the fridge and cabinets over beside the pantry?

• jeff2013
    Original Author
    10 years ago

CanuckPlayer,Yes. It is possible to swap the fridge with the DR doorway. With that, the two storage places are closer and we have a tighter work triangle. My main concern, is that, there is a lack of immediate landing place for the frigde. Thanks!

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

I think your fridge landing space is fine. You have a big island right in front of the fridge. And you have a space on the right.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

You've cluttered your feature wall with little cabinets that don't have much use. What will you put in three 9" pull-outs, especially the one by the sink? IMO, they are rather expensive fillers. My 10" pull-out pantry has shelves that are only 8" wide. The ones alongside the cooktop look very odd without adjacent cabinets--sort of like a bird with long and skinny folded-down wings. I would omit them and use a larger decorative hood so that your feature wall actually has a focal point. I'd also omit the cabinets over the window. Each door is 12" wide, subtract at least 2" for stiles and rails, and you have four little peep holes over the windows. What do they add to the design?

Have you considered extending the cabinetry for a pantry instead of the big box that crowds the room?

You don't show a full-depth cabinet over your fridge, but I assume that's what you're using.

• jeff2013
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra,
    Yes. I with OK with the current fridge landing space. I was talking about the scenario when we swap the fridge with the Dr hallway way.

Another question, shall I keep the small wall cabinets (24 widex12 high) with glass doors above the windows or take them out? Ceiling height 9ft. Windows 16x48. Wall cabinets at 42.

Thanks!

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

I agree with may_flowers - my first reaction on seeing your wall elevation was not favorable. Since you have windows there, don't you want to be able to see out of them while you're stirring sauce?

I would be tempted to go with a slightly smaller sink base and a 36" super susan, though that would reduce the size of your drawers to the right of the range.

Absolutely scrap the little pullout next to the ovens in favor of bigger drawers.

I also agree with full depth over the fridge - but you already have a large cabinet over the ovens. I did pullouts over my fridge, and I love them.